PDA

View Full Version : Peppering?

bluedimond123
03-07-2010, 01:43 PM
Hello, i'm brand new to this forum an i've had discus for about a year now. My ph is high an i know that pigeon blood strain discus get peppering is there anyway to prevent this or make them happier so that they dont get it? Any help would be great.
Jeff

philip69285
03-07-2010, 03:32 PM
Some pigeon strains are just dirty and cant be helped with peppering. Other just need a light background and normally bare bottom and they will be their true selves. I actually like the peppering on most of my pigeon strains but they are very clean strains so they dont pepper much. Hope it helps.

Moon
03-07-2010, 04:23 PM
Peppering is a natural reaction to the environment. It does not mean that they are unhappy. Some PB are prone to heavy peppering and some not so much. Try changing the background to a lighter one.

bluedimond123
03-07-2010, 04:27 PM
Thanks i'l try the lighter backround, i was just reading an article in a book I have an it said it could be caused by stress but I will try the backround!

Yiannisk
03-07-2010, 04:53 PM
You do, i did a test some years ago razing half of a pigeon babies i had in a dark background tank and half in a white background the deference was amazing

lkc
03-11-2010, 01:50 PM
Whenever I take my discus out and put them into quarantine for a thorough cleaning of the display, the pepper goes away withing 15 minutes. The display has a black back and the quarantine just has the white wall behind it......It's amazing how fast they adapt.