PDA

View Full Version : need advise!

Jason K.
03-09-2010, 10:41 PM
so i have discus laying eggs, i know the female but am not sure who papa is, she has laid twice in the last two weeks. the last batch was eaten within 24 hours, which is fine. this batch my two largest fish are fighting like no mad,to the point that there are scales being shed. i don't have a means to seperate till tomorow will they kill each other by morning.:confused:

Eddie
03-09-2010, 10:52 PM
so i have discus laying eggs, i know the female but am not sure who papa is, she has laid twice in the last two weeks. the last batch was eaten within 24 hours, which is fine. this batch my two largest fish are fighting like no mad,to the point that there are scales being shed. i don't have a means to seperate till tomorow will they kill each other by morning.:confused:

One could die, its happened. Anyway you could remove one to a small tank?

Jason K.
03-09-2010, 11:07 PM
One could die, its happened. Anyway you could remove one to a small tank?

i could move one to my juvie tank, they are much smaller only 3 inches or so. don't you think it would disrupted their space?

DerekFF
03-10-2010, 12:21 AM
Bucket/heater/air stone?

Eddie
03-10-2010, 12:48 AM
i could move one to my juvie tank, they are much smaller only 3 inches or so. don't you think it would disrupted their space?

I'm sure it will, better to get a divider.

mmorris
03-11-2010, 01:08 PM
Without pictures it is tough to assess the amount of damage. A lost scale or two probably isn't going to harm a healthy, mature fish. I think people react a bit too quickly sometimes and make things worse by immediately removing one and disrupting things further. If you think the two fish are physically OK, I'd wait it out a bit. They may resolve the issue on their own in a day or two.