PDA

View Full Version : microscope

dogfish101
03-13-2010, 05:51 AM
i was looking at the poo of my sick discus under the microscope and saw two different worm like things . first one was small with a tail and the second one worm like an big ! i could not get it all in the lens at once .is there any place on simplydiscus that could tell me what i was looking at with pic
thanks for any help :confused:

dogfish101
03-15-2010, 06:39 AM
well i will ask this .what should i treat the things i see with .they are worm like things. in the poop thanks for any help :confused:

Eddie
03-15-2010, 06:47 AM
well i will ask this .what should i treat the things i see with .they are worm like things. in the poop thanks for any help :confused:

Was the poop white and stringy or different? If it was dark in color, and the fish are feeding/growing well, no use in medicating them. Anytime you take a fecal sample for microscope viewing, it best to get it as it drops out, otherwise all sorts of bugs start collecting on the poo.

Eddie

dogfish101
03-15-2010, 11:06 AM
thanks for the help. poop was dark stringey with hairs sticken out .they have not been eating and are adults .i got the poop off the bottom after it droped within a min of droping .they came out of a tank 150 gal with 13 others .they havent been right for a mouth now .parameters are as they should be .i have been treating 90 deg water and dewormer piperazine ! i have levamisole but dont know the dose havent tryed that yet or if i should
thank you any help

Ardan
03-15-2010, 06:46 PM
Levamisole 80mg/10 gal. Use an accurate scale. I like it better than piperazine although I have used both. (not together)

Check all water parameters first. Ammonia and nitrite. This must be Zero.

Do a lg wc before meds and a lg one 24 hrs after start of levamisole. repeat in 2 wks

hth
Ardan