PDA

View Full Version : AquariumPlants Electronic CO2 Regulator w/ 8 digit LCD Counter

HHaley
03-14-2010, 12:19 PM
Does anyone here have firsthand experience with the
AquariumPlants Electronic CO2 Regulator w/ 8 digit LCD Counter?

I'm looking to install a CO2 system and I'm not sure what regulator to use. I'm looking for a simple to install, easy to set-tup and reliable regulator. I'm intrigued by this electronic regulator. I would be using it with a Neptune Systems Apex controller and an Aqua Medic CO2 reactor.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

jerzguy
03-16-2010, 10:55 AM
SUMO or rexgrigg are the best. Aquabuy got a full setup for $280 including PH controller, Milwaukee regulator(not the best) Aquamedia 1000 reactor.

Frankr409
03-19-2010, 03:16 PM
SUMO or rexgrigg are the best. Aquabuy got a full setup for $280 including PH controller, Milwaukee regulator(not the best) Aquamedia 1000 reactor.

I recently wanted to purchase a deluxe Co2 kit from Aquabuy. I thought, gee, they have everything I need in one place, price a little steep, but it is better than paying seperate freight charges buying it a piece at a time elsewhere. I tried to call in my order, because it says you can. Must have tried 12 times..No answer. Like a dummy I went ahead and placed the order through their website.

The next day, I get an e-mail saying that everything is on back order. I let a week go by as it said they would ship on 3-17-10. That day passed and the order was still b/o. I tried calling... same deal 24 calls, no answer. Several e-mail messages, no reply. Messages on their answering machine...no call back. I think you get the idea here. I cancelled my order.

Do yourself a favor, and forget you ever found their name, and move on to Marineland, or That Fish Place, or Foster/Smith, etc... much better places to shop for sure.

HHaley
03-20-2010, 06:23 PM
After researching Sumo and Aquarium Plants Electronics regulators, I decided to go in a different direction. I purchased a GLA CO2 Regulator from Geen Leaf Aquariums. They can be found at http://greenleafaquariums.com/.

Off all the aquarium equipment that I have purchased, I found the C02 regulator to be the most confusing with no clear "best one" regardless of how much you are willing to spend.

yikesjason
04-01-2010, 03:37 PM
GLA is a good company. Orlando knows his stuff.

Co2 equipment can be confusing. I have done a lot of research on it and there are some significant differences in needle valves, and not as much difference in regulator bodies, and basically no difference in any of the other components. I finally got to the point were I could buy most of the parts locally and build my own setups and get something as good as a GLA system.

Which system did you get from GLA?

cfi on the fly
04-02-2010, 12:55 PM
I have the electronic regulator from aquarium plants. Yeah its expensive but u get what u pay for. It's very accurate and dead simple to use. Only issue o have is the click sound. Sounds like a ticcking clock. Cantbeat the no question asked 3 year warranty
These are good people to work with.

HHaley
04-02-2010, 10:46 PM
You are correct about Orlando knowing his stuff. I told Orlando what equipment I already had (Neptune-Systems Apex controller and Aqua Medic C02 Reactor) and Orlando recommended the GLA CO2 Regulator and a 10lb tank. He also recommended a bubble counter and bubble checker. Orlando was also instrumental in my installation of the entire system by answering all my e-mails in a timely fashion. I would highly recommend Geen Leaf Aquariums.