deepflyball
03-14-2010, 02:16 PM
What do most of you Worm with. Thanks Jerry

ifixoldhouses
03-14-2010, 02:31 PM
LEVAMISOLE/VERMISOL POWDER

mmorris
03-14-2010, 02:34 PM
Levamisole in the water. I prefer to medicate in the water because then I know what dosage the fish is getting.

Eddie
03-14-2010, 08:42 PM
De-worming flake food or Levimasol in water.

Eddie

diamond_discus
03-14-2010, 09:00 PM
How often do you guys deworm your fish with De-worming flake food or Levimasol in water ? Or you wait till you see/sense something wrong with your fishes ? Just curious .. because I am interested in David's group buy.

Eddie
03-14-2010, 09:03 PM
How often do you guys deworm your fish with De-worming flake food or Levimasol in water ? Or you wait till you see/sense something wrong with your fishes ? Just curious .. because I am interested in David's group buy.

Some people wait it out. It depends on the age of the fish. I routinely de-worm young fish using the flake feed. If a problem arises in adults where the fish go off food, then its levimasol in the water. ;)

Cheers!

joanr
03-14-2010, 09:40 PM
Also in additon to the Levamisole you may also de-worm with Prazi powder to catch any tape worm, not usually a problem but we have seen a few cases lately. Plus the Prazi will help slow down any fluke infestation/external protozoan at the same time, but it will not kill super flukes or the eggs. Do not dose both at the same time, the Levamisole is done usually one 24 hr dose at three week interval, the Prazi for tapeworm is usually one dose, 24 hr. bath unless you see actual tapeworms, and then it's two treatments.

mmorris
03-15-2010, 03:22 PM
Worm once, worm again three weeks later, and then I see no point in worming again unless you are feeding foods that might be introducing worms, like some live food.