PDA

View Full Version : Laid eggs on tank floor!!

aussiefish
03-17-2010, 08:25 AM
My pair have laid more eggs only a day after the last freeswimmer disapeared!! This time they have laid on the floor of the tank:confused: Anyone had this happen to them and was the batch successful ?? Is there a down side for this particular spot?? And they are fighting over them again!!!!!!!! I have not even had a chance to make the new tanks. I will get a second hand tank tomorrow from our local trading post. What should I use to clean the tank before use.??

LizStreithorst
03-17-2010, 08:37 AM
I had a pair once that perfered to lay on the tank bottom.Yes, they survived. When they got to wiggler stage the pair would move them to the cone.

Rinse out the tank with a 10% chlorox solution, then rinse rinse rinse and let dry. If the silicone looks ratty or if the tank has been sitting empty for a long time you may want to reseal it.

aussiefish
03-17-2010, 08:47 AM
Thanks Liz
They do have a cone in the tank now but only been there for a couple of days, but typically they dont even use it. I will have to get a move on as they are starting there fighting and it has started to get rough again. The male is over protective and thinks he is the only one that can take care of the eggs, wrigglers, free swimmers and fry. The female gets a hammering from him.

aussiefish
03-17-2010, 08:49 AM
Just noticed fish you must have caught in your display pic is it a red emporer??

mench
03-17-2010, 08:54 AM
If the male keeps fighting the female,you may have to move the female

Mench

aussiefish
03-17-2010, 08:58 AM
How come move the female and not the male??