PDA

View Full Version : Breeding cave for pleco

diamond_discus
03-17-2010, 01:03 PM
Anyone has ABN pleco breeding experience ? What would be the ideal type of cave for pleco breeding ? I like to buy one from Barb .. but not sure if I should order the closed bottom or open bottom. What is the ideal length and width for the cave ? :confused:

dpt8
03-17-2010, 01:58 PM
Thanks to my friend Fred22 's coaching, I now have bred and am raising 40 plus baby albino plecos. The cave is teracotta, about 4" round with a bottom.. Male loves it and is half way in there most of the time.. He has a couple females and one laid eggs in there... Mine are in a discus tank so I keep watching for more babies in there before they come out and get eaten. Good luck...

diamond_discus
03-17-2010, 03:42 PM
Thanks to my friend Fred22 's coaching, I now have bred and am raising 40 plus baby albino plecos. The cave is teracotta, about 4" round with a bottom.. Male loves it and is half way in there most of the time.. He has a couple females and one laid eggs in there... Mine are in a discus tank so I keep watching for more babies in there before they come out and get eaten. Good luck...

Can you post a picture of your cave ?