PDA

View Full Version : Stringy white lesion?

Elizabth
03-21-2010, 10:07 PM
Not a discus, hope that's OK - please do move if not.

One of my cardinals has two white objects, one on dorsal and one on caudal fins, which look like small coils. I've read about anchor worm but it doesn't seem to look the same. Here's a picture:

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o152/lovemydaisy/IMG_3227.jpg

Any advice as to what's going on or how to treat it is very much appreciated!

Form:
DISEASE QUESTIONNAIRE

Problem

1. Please explain the problems with your fish/when and how they started
Noticed white stringy lesions on fins. Just noticed today.

2. Symptoms (i.e. turning dark, excess slime, not eating, clamped fins, flashing, darting, clamped gills, white/yellow/green poop, hiding, headstanding or tailstanding, white on tips of fins, rotting or fungus, blisters/ white zits on fish, bloated, cloudy eyes, wounds)
No other symptoms - fish acting normal

3. What medications/ treatments that you have already tried and results. Include dosages and duration of treatment.
No medications/treatments yet.

Tank/Water

4. Tank size and age, number and size of fish
100gal, 1 week, 30 tetras

5. Water change regime/ how long has tank been running/ bare bottom or gravel/ do you age your water?
25% water change/week, flourite, no

6 Parameters and water source;

- temp ___80__

- ph _7.4____

- ammonia reading _0___

- nitrite reading __0__

- nitrate reading ___0_

- well water ____

- municipal water _x___

7. Any new fish/plants added recently
All of fish added together.

jball1125
03-21-2010, 10:51 PM
I think you might be able to fix the problem by raising your temp to 84 or 86 and treating with quick cure. Im no expert, still learning myself, but that looks like ich. Hope that helps and im sure some of the more knowledgeable members will post soon.

pcsb23
03-22-2010, 01:32 PM
Don't think it is ich, I may be wrong though. If it is ich then the rest of the fish will be showing it, if not now then very soon. Definitley not anchor worm :)

For now just observe, be careful treating cardinals, they don't tolerate meds very well.