PDA

View Full Version : Beef heart for dinner

JaredP
03-23-2010, 11:57 AM
So, after scaring the girl at the store as I walked up with a huge armful of heart and a diet coke, I get home and begin the process of removing fat and veins from the heart.

I then had a thought... "This looks kind of like a premium steak...."

7 minutes later on the forman grill... I gave it a bite. Not terrible, reminds me of tender chicken livers without the grittiness that they have.

That leads me to my question, have you ever been preparing your Discus's dinner, and decide to try some? And no, fish fillets and shrimp don't count!

yikesjason
03-23-2010, 12:24 PM
I have not gotten that advanced on my discus foods, but I did eat beef heart once in a while as a kid. I remember thinking they looked like donuts when they were sliced and fried. It wasn't bad but it wasn't very good either, but sometimes I would ask for it just because it looked cool.

Alok
03-23-2010, 12:47 PM
Seems like another addition to "you are a discus fanatic if..." :) If you guys don't mind, I will add it there...

DonMD
03-23-2010, 05:09 PM
HaHaHa. I just finished slicing up the frozen bags of a heart I ground up Saturday. Had some little bit on my finger and licked it.

Hmmmmm.

I think I'll pass:p But I'm glad my fish like it:D

Discus-n00b
03-23-2010, 11:36 PM
The heavy smell of iron always turned me off, stopped me from even cooking it.

William Palumbo
03-23-2010, 11:54 PM
Yuck!...The smell of that makes me gag. The last thing I want to do is taste it! Tho when I get that crazy look from the cashier at the checkout while I buy my 40+LBS of heart, I remark how good eating it is...Bill

darkknight87
03-23-2010, 11:55 PM
I must admit as I was slicing it the other day, I did think about it :D

Darrell Ward
03-24-2010, 12:19 AM
I suppose it would be delicious if one were starving, but since I can afford to buy appetizing food, I have no desire to eat it. I am certainly no Bear Grylls. :D

GlennR
03-24-2010, 01:16 AM
Just just have to figure out the right sauce for it. ;)

Btw, What's in hotdogs?