PDA

View Full Version : Can discus get fat?

brincatmark
03-24-2010, 11:59 AM
I love seeing my discus eat, and that's what they do when I'm around :p

They eat Tetra Pro Colour flakes in the morning, discus frozen mix afternoon and flakes in the evening.

They can't get heart attacks no? :bandana: They have like a small lump under their mouth especially after eating.

Chad Hughes
03-24-2010, 02:00 PM
I personally have never seen a "fat" discus, but they can get "chinny", sort of like a discus turkey neck but firm. :p

Best wishes!

Eddie
03-24-2010, 07:36 PM
I personally have never seen a "fat" discus, but they can get "chinny", sort of like a discus turkey neck but firm. :p

Best wishes!

LOL, thats a pretty good example. The wife is gonna start saying that I am getting chinny! LOL

Chad Hughes
03-24-2010, 10:42 PM
LOL, thats a pretty good example. The wife is gonna start saying that I am getting chinny! LOL

That's better than being called fat Eddie. LOL!

Eddie
03-24-2010, 10:44 PM
That's better than being called fat Eddie. LOL!

ROTFLMAO, yeah....I'll settle for chinny! LOL HAHAHAHA

Eddie

Chad Hughes
03-24-2010, 10:45 PM
ROTFLMAO, yeah....I'll settle for chinny! LOL HAHAHAHA

Eddie

Me too. LOL!

Jhhnn
03-24-2010, 11:17 PM
Maybe with adults, probably not with growing fish. At least, nobody has offered up any pics of "fat" youngsters. They seem genetically predisposed to convert food into growth and activity.

Plump, maybe, but that just shows they're getting enough food to maximize growth, it seems to me...

Eddie
03-24-2010, 11:38 PM
Maybe with adults, probably not with growing fish. At least, nobody has offered up any pics of "fat" youngsters. They seem genetically predisposed to convert food into growth and activity.

Plump, maybe, but that just shows they're getting enough food to maximize growth, it seems to me...

I'd prefer chinny over plump too. :D LOL

Eddie

Chad Hughes
03-25-2010, 12:33 AM
I'd prefer chinny over plump too. :D LOL

Eddie

Or fluffy. LOL!

DonMD
03-25-2010, 05:14 PM
Well, what about "heady?" I've got some fish that are very thick in the head (my wife would say, -- like ME!). I've always worried about spiro, and pinched foreheads, but my fish are FATHEADS!:D

Chad Hughes
03-25-2010, 05:17 PM
Well, what about "heady?" I've got some fish that are very thick in the head (my wife would say, -- like ME!). I've always worried about spiro, and pinched foreheads, but my fish are FATHEADS!:D

I've got some fat heads too. Very wide bodied.... but where do you draw the line on fat? Hmmmm.... LOL!

wesleydnunder
03-25-2010, 10:49 PM
Don't discus store fat in the forehead area, Chad?

My RSGs certainly are thick, but I don't think it'll lead to coronary issues...at least I hope not.

One of my New Years resolutions was to lose some of my "fluffiness" :D

Mark