PDA

View Full Version : Whats wrong with my Prime?!?!? Look!

peterhql
03-27-2010, 11:18 AM
http://i770.photobucket.com/albums/xx345/peterhql/photo.jpg

Anyone ever get a bottle like this? First time I've seen this before.
This bottle came from big als. I have about 6 more from them I hope they aren't all like that.

-Peter

mmorris
03-27-2010, 11:31 AM
Are the black specks floating throughout the solution? If you think something is wrong you might want to call Big Al's.

peterhql
03-27-2010, 11:36 AM
Yea throughout the whole bottle. I'm gonna check my other bottles tonight. If they are all like that I'm gonna call them.

mmorris
03-27-2010, 11:38 AM
It might be wise to call them before you open the other bottles. See what they have to say first.

hedut
03-27-2010, 11:41 AM
there is nothing wrong cause I use to have like that. I buy big gallon every time I open something like black mix with prime:p:p. but again like Martha said " call will be wise" :D:D

William Palumbo
03-27-2010, 12:56 PM
I've had that many times as well with no negative affects...Bill

Wahter
03-27-2010, 01:01 PM
When in doubt, I always check with the manufacturer - according to Seachem's website:

http://www.seachem.com/support/Support.html

"Prime®has a very distinct odor that is similar to sulfur which is completely normal. Also, the presence of small black specks is normal."

Walter

KEWX
03-27-2010, 01:06 PM
If the small black specks are normal, why don't all of our bottles have them?

ifixoldhouses
03-27-2010, 01:09 PM
I see specks in mine all the time

peterhql
03-27-2010, 01:50 PM
Guess It's alright then, this is the first time I've come across it. I've been using it for almost a year now. Black specks sounds like im throwing dirt in the water, lol.

Thanks for the response everyone.

DerekFF
03-27-2010, 10:12 PM
I have the specks in mine

Jhhnn
03-28-2010, 12:06 AM
That happened with some prime I have in a small bottle on a sunny kitchen windowsill- I keep it there for sponge filter cleaning. The stuff down in my cellar, where it's cool and dark, hasn't done that...

Either way, it still seems to work just fine...

Eddie
03-28-2010, 09:44 AM
I've had that many times as well with no negative affects...Bill

+1 but using Safe now.

alpine
03-28-2010, 11:50 AM
I have used Prime for maybe five-six years , buy it in gallons . Never I have seen any black spots in the cap . After reading this I opened the jar , look at the cap and is very clean, pure white , looked inside and saw black dot like particles on the bottom of the gallon jar . I guess I have had them there all along but never been aware . I have never had any problems and still believe Prime to be the best water conditioner available .
I might look at SAFE based on economics !
Roberto.

joanr
03-28-2010, 12:13 PM
Also you are supposed to shake the bottle well before each use, so if you have black specks just on the bottom, you may not be shaking enough. I have never seen the black specks yet, but some bottles of Prime smell a lot worse than others, why that would be I don't know.

Eddie
03-28-2010, 09:08 PM
I have used Prime for maybe five-six years , buy it in gallons . Never I have seen any black spots in the cap . After reading this I opened the jar , look at the cap and is very clean, pure white , looked inside and saw black dot like particles on the bottom of the gallon jar . I guess I have had them there all along but never been aware . I have never had any problems and still believe Prime to be the best water conditioner available .
I might look at SAFE based on economics !
Roberto.

Safe is very economic and I will continue to use it Roberto but it STINKS!!! I dont really mind but its pretty overpowering. It doesn't smell once water hits it but the container smell is dreadful! LOL

Take care my friend,

Eddie