PDA

View Full Version : protien in food

GoingDiscus
03-29-2010, 07:56 AM
I was just wondering how much protien everyone is looking for in raising Discus? I have read many different protein amounts in the foods available for fish.
Is higher amounts better? I am aware of the vitamin needs and a balanced diet but just havent been able to pin down how much protein I should be looking for
Thanks
Ron

Eddie
03-29-2010, 08:09 AM
I was just wondering how much protien everyone is looking for in raising Discus? I have read many different protein amounts in the foods available for fish.
Is higher amounts better? I am aware of the vitamin needs and a balanced diet but just havent been able to pin down how much protein I should be looking for
Thanks
Ron

Lots of different information on protein amounts. The most important thing to look at, is the source/type of protein. Take a look at the ingredients and percentages in Ocean Nutrition Prime Reef. This is a flake I've been using from day one and there is NO better flake made.

http://www.oceannutrition.com/product_marine.php?file=bb03.html&head=09

Also consider the use of protein or requirements at certain ages of discus. Very young fish will require higher protein amounts than an adult discus.

Eddie