PDA

View Full Version : Bowing?

jball1125
03-29-2010, 07:27 PM
Ok I purchased a pair from a breeder about 3 weeks ago and since I have had them they have not shown any signs of fish love:love:. However, just now I did a huge water change and they both started swimming in the current of the incoming water and they were rubbing there faces on the glass of the tank. after the tank was full there was still alot of twitching and exited behaviour and the female seemed to be bowing to the male. Are these signs of a spawn coming soon or is the rubbing face on bottom of tank and swimming from one side to the other something else that maybe I should worry about?

Keith Perkins
03-29-2010, 07:52 PM
Twitching and bowing are both normal foreplay behaviors. If the temp of the new water was a little cooler than your tank water that often inspires spawning activity too. The face rubbing thing??? I'm sure someone else will come along and help you with that one.

jball1125
03-29-2010, 08:13 PM
The water was actually 1 or 2 degrees warmer. Hope the face rubbing doesnt mean trouble. :(

Keith Perkins
03-29-2010, 11:02 PM
It bears watching, but discus do a lot of goofy looking things before they spawn, so I wouldn't be overly concerned. If you've been keeping up on your WCs that's in your favor that it's a pre-spawning thing. Hopefully someone who has seen this behavior before will come along and post.

Keith Perkins
04-02-2010, 11:21 AM
Anything new?