PDA

View Full Version : moon light?

srusso
04-01-2010, 11:16 PM
Are moon lights ok for discus tanks? I have a single blue led on the far left end of the tank pointing down but at a slight angle to the right. Also is it ok to leave it on all night?

DerekFF
04-02-2010, 04:25 AM
i think anyone with a T5 has moonlights. Mine seem to sleep just fine at night with it.

Eddie
04-02-2010, 04:56 AM
Are moon lights ok for discus tanks? I have a single blue led on the far left end of the tank pointing down but at a slight angle to the right. Also is it ok to leave it on all night?

Sure, they are fine. If I don't have an LED on during the evening, I generally keep a small light on in the room. Discus can rest fine with a bit of light on all the time. I wouldn't keep the tank light on 24/7 but that just me.

Eddie

nc0gnet0
04-02-2010, 05:37 AM
I have one of the new Marineland LED lighting systems with the blue moonlights and they do just fine with the moonlights. Seldom in nature is it actually trully pitch black at night. Even my longfin albino pleco's come out when there is nothing on but the moolights.

srusso
04-02-2010, 07:09 AM
...I wouldn't keep the tank light on 24/7 but that just me.

Eddie

The moon light on all night that is... That is great news I love the effect that the light creates both in the water and out. I have a small timer that I planned to use for this but I can F@%&'in find it anywhere!! Until I find it I wanted to just leave the moon light on 24/7... the real lighting (T5 6500K bulbs) has a timer which keeps it on for 8 hours a day.