PDA

View Full Version : Mangrove wood? Suppliers?

prolude006
04-05-2010, 07:03 AM
So wasn't sure were to put this but does anyone on here know where to get mangrove branches so I can create the downward branching style I see on many wild tanks here?
I have never really searched for it, I figure someone on here must sell it.
I have always used Malaysian drift wood but its not very "branchy" looking!

Thanks
David

Eddie
04-05-2010, 07:11 AM
So wasn't sure were to put this but does anyone on here know where to get mangrove branches so I can create the downward branching style I see on many wild tanks here?
I have never really searched for it, I figure someone on here must sell it.
I have always used Malaysian drift wood but its not very "branchy" looking!

Thanks
David

Do you mean Manzanita wood? Many use this wood since it has great branching and can easily be constructed to make an outstanding structure.

http://www.manzanita.com/

prolude006
04-05-2010, 07:49 AM
lol yeah thats what I meant Eddie, that a good place to get it? I have seen it before there but wasnt sure about them.

thanks
David

ps Has anyone grown mangrove trees indoors? I wonder if its possible to trim the roots under water in a tank so they are like a bonsai but in water? Sounds complicated...lol

Eddie
04-05-2010, 07:54 AM
lol yeah thats what I meant Eddie, that a good place to get it? I have seen it before there but wasnt sure about them.

thanks
David

ps Has anyone grown mangrove trees indoors? I wonder if its possible to trim the roots under water in a tank so they are like a bonsai but in water? Sounds complicated...lol

Oh yeah, thats the place! Describe what you want and they'll give you that and more! Really good price! I picked up the small $25 box and I still had branches left over! ;)

Take care,

Eddie