PDA

View Full Version : Use of filtered water for Fish Tank

ssajid
04-08-2010, 03:33 AM
I have a four stage water filter installed at my house for the purpose of drinking water. The filter consist of .3 miron Ceramic filter, 1 micron polyfiber filter, Carbon granuale filter and UV treatment container. Do I use the water from the filter for the daily WC for my 55gal tank.

I use currently the tap water aged for 24 hours in a food grade container with air supply in it and treat the water for clorine.

Sajid

Chad Hughes
04-08-2010, 04:33 PM
You could probably use either. I like to use filtered water. All of my water pases through at least a 1 micron and carbon block. Breeding water passes through RO and DI as well. I've never had water problems with this method.

Best wishes!

tcyiu
04-09-2010, 01:48 PM
I have a four stage water filter installed at my house for the purpose of drinking water. The filter consist of .3 miron Ceramic filter, 1 micron polyfiber filter, Carbon granuale filter and UV treatment container. Do I use the water from the filter for the daily WC for my 55gal tank.

I use currently the tap water aged for 24 hours in a food grade container with air supply in it and treat the water for clorine.

Sajid

How is the aged tap water working out? If the fish are happy, I would not change a thing ... unless you're planning on breeding. What is the cost of replacing the filter media? If you do regular water changes, you may find that the cost of replacing the filters may be very high.

Tim