PDA

View Full Version : Fry attachment or tatsy snacks?

pinoysport
04-14-2010, 02:18 PM
So at what point are free swimmers considered safe to move to the next step? I know at any stage thery can die off I get that....

IM asking how many days usually before you know the parents probably wont eat them.. is it measured that way? or measured by size of the free swimmers?

Also for the ones that wont attach those will pretty much die off right?

Thanks everyone.....

mmorris
04-14-2010, 02:56 PM
What's the next step? Removing them from the parents? I do that at three weeks and more sometimes. If the fry don't attach they will die off. As far as the parents eating them, it depends on the particular fish and the number of fry.

pinoysport
04-14-2010, 03:06 PM
What's the next step? Removing them from the parents? I do that at three weeks and more sometimes. If the fry don't attach they will die off. As far as the parents eating them, it depends on the particular fish and the number of fry.

Thanks for the info. The next step would be to not get eaten for the next few weeks until they are truly free swimming off the parents.

I have heard of people losing fry once they attach to the parents for a few days.

Ok thanks for the info.

mmorris
04-14-2010, 03:07 PM
Do your pair have a history of eating fry?

pinoysport
04-14-2010, 04:21 PM
Do your pair have a history of eating fry?

NO I have read alot of this board of that happening.

just want to see what chances are the fry will be gone after a few days swimming and eating off mom .