PDA

View Full Version : Microscope?

KelDiscus
04-14-2010, 08:07 PM
Reposting this from the DIY area. Which Microscope do you DiscusKeepers suggest. I saw a deal for one on Ebay with USB-600Xs at 73 bucks, only comes with 3 slides, what other equipment is needed to scrap gills and bodies and where can I get it in the USA or where do you suggest? Also any suggestions on best methods of proceeding to scrap your fish?

I'm considering that. I researched Bidka, they suggested a 225 pound scope, just out of my price range. Would the smaller level scope be ok? I do know that this subject has already been suggested, just don't want to make a critical error and buy something completely worthless. Thanks

mmorris
04-14-2010, 08:11 PM
I think mine was similar in price to the one you are looking at. It's a poor quality microscope, although everything I read about it looked good. I should have spent twice the money and gotten a better one.

nc0gnet0
04-14-2010, 11:52 PM
I wold stay away from those el cheapo USB microscopes pieces of absolute junk IMHO, at least when your trying to sometimes catch a moving target. Much better off with an older school laboratory microscope.

Myself, I got the luxury of having access to some very nice scopes as I use them at work from time to time.

Eddie
04-15-2010, 02:05 AM
AMScope is pretty decent, I like the scope I picked up from them several months back. Its a binocular compound scope used in the medical field, for lab work, and also educational institutes.

Model B100A-MS

http://www.amscope.com/Binocular.html