PDA

View Full Version : cleaning

deepflyball
04-15-2010, 09:47 AM
Why is it when i clean up my tank,i mean wipe the walls and bottom. Vac inside and out. And sit back to admire my job, do the fish like clock work start crapping ther brains out?????

Jerry

John_Nicholson
04-15-2010, 10:11 AM
Its the excitement that cause the excrement....

-john

lkc
04-15-2010, 12:54 PM
+1:D

Wahter
04-15-2010, 01:03 PM
I thought it was like when you clean up a dog's mess in your yard and he goes right back to the same spot to do it again. I think the dog thinks, "now why did you do that? I just marked that spot". :D

Walter

tcyiu
04-15-2010, 10:49 PM
Why is it when i clean up my tank,i mean wipe the walls and bottom. Vac inside and out. And sit back to admire my job, do the fish like clock work start crapping ther brains out?????

Jerry

Same here. Never fails. LOL.

BTW, I have a solution. Use a clear plastic rigid tube as a pipette. Put your thumb over one end and lower the other down to the poop. Let go your thumb and the poop gets sucked into the tube. Cheap. Works great for just these occasions.

Tim

JL15219
04-15-2010, 11:30 PM
Same here I just did a water change and they crapped everywhere kind of seems like you do it for nothing....LOL....I think they do it just to tick you off.

Ed13
04-16-2010, 09:07 PM
I hate that so much! You sqeeze their sponges, wipe every single pane of glass and change 100% of their water. AS soon as you turn your back, they lay a brick down!:mad:

Then I smile and walk away as I think "I'd probably do the same" ;)

Jhhnn
04-16-2010, 09:26 PM
I just expect it, try not to get compulsive over tank cleaning... If I get 95% of it, change half their water every day, that's a lot more than a lot of discus ever get...

I'm happy when they're happy...

LizStreithorst
04-16-2010, 09:30 PM
I just expect it, try not to get compulsive over tank cleaning... If I get 95% of it, change half their water every day, that's a lot more than a lot of discus ever get...

I'm happy when they're happy...

I'm with you. Fish poo is just part of life. I'd worry if they DIDN'T poo.

David Rose
04-17-2010, 04:23 AM
Someone needs to invent an aquatic "iRobot Roomba" for aquariums. I have a Dolphin brand for my swimming pool, so maybe there's a mini version....:D