PDA

View Full Version : Red cover female shaking

valery
04-16-2010, 02:13 AM
Hey all,
My red cover female is violently shaking tonight, and seems to be for a maze. I have no idea if this maze is a female or male, but it isnt shaking back, just hanging around her. =) I'd really like to breed the red cover.;) Looks to be like a love and hate relationship at the moment.

http://i43.tinypic.com/10xfpmp.jpg

http://i41.tinypic.com/1555g0l.jpg

DiscusKev
04-16-2010, 08:21 PM
Hi Val,

Nice looking Red Cover you have there, the shape is nice and round. I'm not sure if its the camera which washed out the colour, but I would have expected a female red cover to be more intense in red like as the other red strains, males are more brownish in colour.

Anyhow, good luck in getting your Red cover to breed, keep us updated :)

Kevin

valery
04-16-2010, 10:30 PM
Hi Val,

Nice looking Red Cover you have there, the shape is nice and round. I'm not sure if its the camera which washed out the colour, but I would have expected a female red cover to be more intense in red like as the other red strains, males are more brownish in colour.

Anyhow, good luck in getting your Red cover to breed, keep us updated :)

Kevin

Hey Kevin,

She is actually a red cover/spotted eruption cross, and she does have more of an orange tint rather then a deep red =)

Thank you

DiscusKev
04-17-2010, 07:49 AM
Hey Kevin,

She is actually a red cover/spotted eruption cross, and she does have more of an orange tint rather then a deep red =)

Thank you

Wouldn't have guessed that as I can't seem to find any spots :D What I do fiind interesting is the iridescent rims which causes it to have the "halo" around the fins, very attractive.

All the best,
Kevin

valery
04-17-2010, 07:01 PM
Wouldn't have guessed that as I can't seem to find any spots :D What I do fiind interesting is the iridescent rims which causes it to have the "halo" around the fins, very attractive.

All the best,
Kevin

Yes she is quite unique :) Thank you. Since she has a blue head (much more evident when she darkens), what do you think about pairing her off with a blue diamond?

DiscusKev
04-17-2010, 07:26 PM
Yes she is quite unique :) Thank you. Since she has a blue head (much more evident when she darkens), what do you think about pairing her off with a blue diamond?

Would be quite interesting to breed a red and a blue fish together, especially when they are solid coloured fish, how about making a half red and a half blue fish :D

valery
04-17-2010, 07:42 PM
Would be quite interesting to breed a red and a blue fish together, especially when they are solid coloured fish, how about making a half red and a half blue fish :D

LOL i dont think it works quite like that. I wish it did. :D