PDA

View Full Version : 8 new juvies what to feed them?

ZX10R
04-17-2010, 10:09 AM
I just got in 8 new juvie discus from Hans 2.5" in size. I feed my other discus FBW and FBS but I was wondering if that is good to feed the juvies or do I need to give then something else. Hans gave me his recipe for what he feeds his discus and I made that and tried it but that made such a huge mess in my tank. I spent a lot of time cleaning after feeding so I am looking for something cleaner and small enough the fish will eat. I was thinking about getting some freeze dried blackworms and trying that. Any other ideas?

hedut
04-17-2010, 10:15 AM
I just got in 8 new juvie discus from Hans 2.5" in size. I feed my other discus FBW and FBS but I was wondering if that is good to feed the juvies or do I need to give then something else. Hans gave me his recipe for what he feeds his discus and I made that and tried it but that made such a huge mess in my tank. I spent a lot of time cleaning after feeding so I am looking for something cleaner and small enough the fish will eat. I was thinking about getting some freeze dried blackworms and trying that. Any other ideas?

Actually his recipe is good just you need put just little by little cause cause abit mess :p:p, I do feed my ish with my BH mix. or you could do feed thembefor you do wc:D:D or tetra bid .Good luck

seanyuki
04-17-2010, 10:20 AM
Better off using Han's recipe for the first couple of weeks and later introduce the flakes/pellets that you prefer.....new arrivals takes time to adjust to new environment and foods:)

Eddie
04-17-2010, 10:49 AM
If they are new, they probably won't smash the mix just yet. Eventually, no matter how messy it is, they'll end up cleaning it all. ;)

ZX10R
04-17-2010, 06:31 PM
I will just try a little at a time so maybe it won't make such a huge mess next time.

mmorris
04-18-2010, 09:29 PM
You could add a binder like gelatin.