PDA

View Full Version : Breeding Trio?

Discus-n00b
04-17-2010, 05:20 PM
Anyone else experienced this? Literally a breeding trio. They all guard the eggs. No hostility between the 3 at all. Just curious how common this is. I apparently got one from the Albino Blue Diamond throwbacks I just received from Kenny. I know for sure there is one female and one male, the other I'm not sure. The first time eggs were laid it was only done by the pair but what got me was the mystery third wheel rogue fish jumped into the fun on the next few spawns. And everything is normal. Usually when I see stuff like this, the rogue fish will just be there to eat all of the eggs....but they arn't eating the eggs. Like I said, its literally a breeding trio lol. Eggs keep turning white as the fish are still young but i'm wondering how long this will continue.

The breeding trio, can't see one fish its behind the front one.
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c172/clemmatt/Discus/breedingtrio.jpg

Either way I think its kinda cool. And i'm excited that they keep wanting to spawn, really looking forward to working with these after they grow some more.

GoingDiscus
04-17-2010, 07:22 PM
Matt you just have all the luck lol, hows them white diamonds doing?
It wont be long Im sure your gonna have a great spawn, I have that 55 waiting on them,fish from you in the tank I got from you, Ironic lol
Ron

Eddie
04-17-2010, 07:55 PM
Nice group Matt, guess with more of them, the fry should be able to find one, no matter what! ;)

Good luck man,

Eddie

ref0716
04-17-2010, 08:57 PM
Angels, not Discus, but I had a domestic female that was routinely fertilized by two wild caught males. Process went smooth, no fighting. Don't know about guarding eggs, as I took the spawns to raise artificially most times. Told by more experienced Angel breeders that this behavior was fairly common, and was believed to take place in Nature as well. Made a mess of my genetics breeding records. Who's the Daddy?

Ed13
04-17-2010, 09:30 PM
Kenny, I want whatever Matt is getting!

Discus-n00b
04-17-2010, 10:29 PM
Kenny hooks me up! ;)

Thanks all, i'll see what happens. Its a soap opera ready to get juciy I think.