PDA

View Full Version : Discus hobbyist in Indiana

Aquatic Reef Creations
04-17-2010, 11:53 PM
Hi Gang,
Going to be making the move to discus in a couple of months and I am looking to see if there are any discus hobbyist in the Indianapolis Indiana area. Would love to take a look at others tank prior to setting mine up. Maybe even find a local breeder?
Thanks
Kevin

William Palumbo
04-18-2010, 01:58 AM
Glad you're making the move to Discus. But any "local" breeders in your area I would check out first, and do a search on here. Two pop in my head right away, and IME, do not choose them. Go with a sponsor on here...Bill

Aquatic Reef Creations
04-18-2010, 02:59 AM
Hi Bill,
I have been doing some research and I think I know which two you are referring to. That is why I am looking for hobbyists that are breeding. I may end up having to take a little road trip when the time comes to do some stocking of the tank.
Thanks,
Kevin

tcmemphisbbq
04-20-2010, 02:36 PM
Im down in Columbus if ya ever wanna chat, ive been trying to breed a couple of pure whites(even eyes are white) but only gotten to the fry stage thus far....as far as breeders in indiana - stick to a sponsor on here man, trust me - ive went through this....no lfs around here carries good quality and the breeders around here are not reliable, shady at best. Based on experience the past year and a half since I got into Discus..

Tom

bmrin1
04-22-2010, 07:33 AM
Kevin I live west of Ft. Wayne but I would help in any way possible. Stick to sponsors or local breeders. I am just getting back in the game myself but have a young pair now. No babies yet to help you out though. PM me if I can help in any way.

Brian

ZX10R
04-22-2010, 11:14 PM
I bought my first 8 discus from Al at Rocky Mountain Discus he is just north of Evansville. He has some really nice fish when I was there back in December. He said his breeding room was under construction so I didn't get to see that.

www.rockymountaindiscus.com