PDA

View Full Version : Metrosexual question :)

wildthing
04-18-2010, 10:58 AM
Hands in and out of tanks etc leads to dry skin sometimes.
What (if any) hand lotions are you guys using?
LOL

Ed13
04-18-2010, 11:02 AM
I just use old fashion petroleum jelly. A mineral oil rub works wonder for my skin too:p. But, I do have a peculiar skin and I try to avoid perfumes, colorants and other ingredients. I just keep it simple and hydrated. Not to mention safe in case I put my hands in the tank again.

Might want to drink more water yourself too.

BTW, I try to avoid my hands out of the tanks in the first place and sometime use gloves.

JaredP
04-18-2010, 12:54 PM
THere is a dove "man" lotion that doesn't have any perfumes, that's what I prefer. And my skin takes a beating between the fish tanks and grease from working on cars all day long.

Yboat
04-18-2010, 03:59 PM
corn huskers. I'm in construction, my hands are tough as nails, yet still smooth. It was a trick a old iron worker showed me years ago.

Rod
04-18-2010, 04:25 PM
lol David :) My hands are in water for many hours a day, and they are soft as, no hand lotions here, must be lucky i guess.

Eddie
04-18-2010, 04:55 PM
none, hands still soft

dwilder
04-19-2010, 06:25 PM
none still a man

Discus-n00b
04-19-2010, 08:47 PM
A water and Prime solutions seems to work well. ;)

kitykatfunkiehat
05-04-2010, 05:40 PM
I use Cetaphil. Best stuff ever. And I know exactly what you're talking about with those dry hands after tank maintenance!

Justice
05-05-2010, 02:59 PM
Goop

Jhhnn
05-23-2010, 08:53 PM
corn huskers. I'm in construction, my hands are tough as nails, yet still smooth. It was a trick a old iron worker showed me years ago.

Good stuff, sometimes hard to find the last several years- I buy it online.

Like JaredP, I work on machinery, and sometimes my hands start to get crusty in the winter- cracked, dead skin. I use "Pretty feet & hands rough skin remover"-

http://www.prettyfeetandhands.com/

I spread out a piece of newspaper on the table, start rubbing the stuff into the bad spots- keep rubbing, and dead skin balls up, comes right off. Takes a little time and patience- it's just about the only time I watch television... Then wash, apply cornhuskers. A few days of that and even hands that are in rough shape come around quickly. Also removes discoloration from dirt & grease, because dirt only sticks tight to dead skin...

A long ago girlfriend showed me that trick... and a few others...