PDA

View Full Version : seaweed

Palue
04-24-2010, 04:21 PM
I put in a clip with some seaweed on it for my bristlenose pleco and my discus are gobbling it up like candy. Is it okay for them to be eating this stuff??

:angel:

Eddie
04-25-2010, 12:08 AM
Sure, they need their greens. ;)

Eddie

YSS
02-25-2011, 09:59 AM
So, I was looking through Dr. Fosters' catalog last night and saw seaweed. I've looked through it hundreds of time before and I never noticed it before. I am like, I have tons of sushi grade seaweed that are going bad in my freezer (now I think of it, I do store dried food in my freezer go figure). So, did a quick search and saw a lot of threads on seaweed. I want to try to feed them and see what happens. I am planning on feeding seaweed like flakes. How many of you feed like this, if any, and does it even have enough nutrition to be worth it?

Eddie
02-25-2011, 10:07 AM
So, I was looking through Dr. Fosters' catalog last night and saw seaweed. I've looked through it hundreds of time before and I never noticed it before. I am like, I have tons of sushi grade seaweed that are going bad in my freezer (now I think of it, I do store dried food in my freezer go figure). So, did a quick search and saw a lot of threads on seaweed. I want to try to feed them and see what happens. I am planning on feeding seaweed like flakes. How many of you feed like this, if any, and does it even have enough nutrition to be worth it?

Its good stuff, very nutritional. In the past, some people used it in their mixes with good results.

Jennie
02-25-2011, 10:10 AM
can this be put in food dehydrator and stored for mixes?

YSS
02-25-2011, 10:23 AM
Its good stuff, very nutritional. In the past, some people used it in their mixes with good results.

Yup, that's what our kids live off of. Seaweed and rice. They love the stuff. I hope my discus like it as much. :-)

Eddie
02-25-2011, 10:51 AM
can this be put in food dehydrator and stored for mixes?

Sure, if you fancy.

YSS
02-25-2011, 11:01 AM
My discus didn't even look at the seaweed or any fish as a matter of fact. May be what I have is not the kind fish like.

Cuchulainn
02-25-2011, 12:11 PM
I've used Nori for my ABN plecos, my rainbows love it too. Hmmm may have to try a leaf of it for the discus. They don't go for any flake food yet so who knows