PDA

View Full Version : Eheim 2217 for 165 Litre tank

simplyvl
04-25-2010, 02:36 AM
Hi all,

I just got my fish tank and it's 165 litres in total. I have just hooked it up to a Eheim 2217 1000l/ph. Is this Canister going to be too strong for my discus? Is there a solution to it if it is?

Thank you all for your time.

Vinh

vera
04-25-2010, 02:40 AM
I have same filter on same size of aquarium and the flow is fine for discus , if u feel its too much just adjust the valve at top part of filter (this model has them)it will slow it down
Best of luck

simplyvl
04-25-2010, 03:02 AM
I have same filter on same size of aquarium and the flow is fine for discus , if u feel its too much just adjust the valve at top part of filter (this model has them)it will slow it down
Best of luck

Hi Vera,

Thanks for your reply. I didn't realise, I thought the valves are just to shut the water if you need to clean the canister.

One more question, I adjusted the output flow lower, do I need to adjust the input as well? Because I believe now more water is getting sucked in and less water out, not sure if it's going to damage the canister in anyway. Sorry maybe sound like a stupid question.

Thank you.

nc0gnet0
04-25-2010, 09:28 AM
It is not the flow that is a problem, it is the current that is created by the flow. This can be not only controlled by regulating the output flow (turning a valve) but by altering the way the output hose disperses the water. A far better option it to buy or make a pray bar for your output, this will reduce the current but keep the same flow rate.

vera
05-03-2010, 05:03 AM
Hi Vera,

Thanks for your reply. I didn't realise, I thought the valves are just to shut the water if you need to clean the canister.

One more question, I adjusted the output flow lower, do I need to adjust the input as well? Because I believe now more water is getting sucked in and less water out, not sure if it's going to damage the canister in anyway. Sorry maybe sound like a stupid question.

Thank you.

sorry just saw yr post , the output valves only , and as nc0gnet0 suggested u can forward water flow at the tank wall , thus reducing the current ,but shutting valves a bit worked for me
Best of luck