04-25-2010, 03:05 PM
Can you tell me what strain this is?

http://shortclip.com/fish/bluegreen_discus.jpg

hedut
04-25-2010, 03:35 PM
blue no bar usually blue diamond:D:D:D

Darrell Ward
04-25-2010, 03:52 PM
...or blue sapphire. It has big ol' "bug eyes".

Justice
04-25-2010, 03:58 PM
I am going with Cobalt as I believe I can faintly see stress bar's.

rickztahone
04-25-2010, 04:43 PM
i say BD, i see no bars

Justice
04-25-2010, 05:07 PM
I may have to go see my eye doc again SOON...LOL.

But I think I see real faint stress bars just to the right of the gills and under the lateral line.

I just had Cataract Surgery a few month ago so maybe I am just not seeing it right !

Alok
04-25-2010, 06:37 PM
I may have to go see my eye doc again SOON...LOL.

But I think I see real faint stress bars just to the right of the gills and under the lateral line.

I just had Cataract Surgery a few month ago so maybe I am just not seeing it right !

Or may be you are seeing very well now! :) I can see what you are talking about, and no, I did not have any eye surgery. :)

Wahter
04-25-2010, 06:42 PM
Not a quality blue diamond - a bit stunted. The eyes are on the big side (in proportion to it's body and head size) and you can see some pattern in the dorsal and anal fins, particularly at the ends near the caudal fin (tail).

Walter

Heiko Bleher
04-26-2010, 02:55 PM
Hi,

just back from the Italian International Discus Championships (caught also up in the European Vulcan-distaster):
I wanted to tell you that you have a typical Cobalt blue Discus there, the orginal colour pattern (I am just writing about it). But your fish has not grown correctly, the eyes are to large for its size. The fish is two yewar (or more) old and should have at least double this size... was not fed correctly during growth, sorry to tell you this fact.

In any event try to make the best out of it.

Heiko Bleher

Ed13
04-26-2010, 06:33 PM
Bar through the eye and some light striations in the dorsal so, Blue Cobalt it is.