PDA

View Full Version : ADB FRY

Ben75
04-25-2010, 03:09 PM
Hi everyone,
Thought i would share a pic of my first batch of albino blue diamond fry.
There are only about 20 in this batch, most sit on the opposite side of the parents so getting a pic of the entire batch has proved difficult. The fry are accepting bbs very well , nice and red bellies. I have been having trouble with getting them to attach at free swim stage, so i am very happy with even such a small batch at this stage. I have been experimenting with whiteish coloured sponges mounted on home made white pvc tubing and lowering the water level to help with attachment. I am hoping my other abd pair spawn again soon because i think i will have more success next time. Will post some pics step by step on the next spawn to share the method i am following.
Kind Regards,

mmorris
04-25-2010, 03:33 PM
Well done, Ben. A real success story. I look forward to updates. :)

Eddie
04-26-2010, 04:38 AM
Awesome Ben, the pair is AMAZING!

All the best,

Eddie

Ben75
04-26-2010, 05:44 AM
Well done, Ben. A real success story. I look forward to updates. :)

Thanks mmorris, i will keep the updates coming on this batch + good news the other pair of ADB's spawned again tonight so i will start taking pics if they progress to free swim and attach.

Awesome Ben, the pair is AMAZING!
All the best,
Eddie

Thanks Ediie, i think so too :)

Regards,

Rod
04-26-2010, 06:56 AM
Good one Ben, thats great news. Great looking pair mate :)

Ben75
04-26-2010, 05:31 PM
Thanks Rod, i really like this strain at the moment. wouldn't mind getting these going as good as the ss pair i got off you. Man they will spawn in a cup of tea i reckon.
Regards,

Rod
04-26-2010, 05:54 PM
Thanks Rod, i really like this strain at the moment. wouldn't mind getting these going as good as the ss pair i got off you. Man they will spawn in a cup of tea i reckon.
Regards,

You could try swapping eggs with the abd pair Ben. The ss's will have no problems feeding the abd fry. :)

smallfin
04-27-2010, 06:34 AM
Nice work Ben

You really seem to have a handle on this breeding. Albinos now hey?
How long have you had the parents?

How are your other SS fry going?
If your SS pair are breeding like rabits, how many grow out tanks are you finding you need for the one pair?

I'm trying to work out how many, what size etc for each pair.

I would love to see some updated pics of you other babies.

All the best with these beauties!

smallfin ;)

Discus-n00b
04-27-2010, 06:11 PM
Thats great, I love this strain. Best of luck with them.

Ben75
04-27-2010, 06:42 PM
You could try swapping eggs with the abd pair Ben. The ss's will have no problems feeding the abd fry. :)

Hi Rod,
Mate i thought the same thing and put a batch of eggs in with the ss pair while they had a batch of eggs going, both the ss eggs & abd eggs hatched with in a few hours of each other. The ss pair tended the wigglers of both strains very well however once free swimming they focused on the ss fry only.
I was thinking of trying it again but this time sacraficing the ss batch to only leave the abd batch in there to see what happens. Will let you know how i go.

Nice work Ben

You really seem to have a handle on this breeding. Albinos now hey?
How long have you had the parents?

How are your other SS fry going?
If your SS pair are breeding like rabits, how many grow out tanks are you finding you need for the one pair?

I'm trying to work out how many, what size etc for each pair.

I would love to see some updated pics of you other babies.

All the best with these beauties!

smallfin ;)

Hi Smallfin,
I don't know if i have a real handle on the breeding thing yet mate, i think the pairs i have do though :) , I consider myself very lucky to have access to the fish that great sponsors of the forum like Rod Lewis & Darren Burgess have brought in our country. The ABD pairs i have came from Darren and i have had them since mid August 2009. The SS pair i got off Rod and i have had them since May 2009. All were young adults when purchased and started to show signs of courting within weeks of being settled in my tanks.

How many tanks ? Depends on each pair, you can never have enough mate, i have a 4ft tank divided into 2 breeding cudes for each pair, once the fry are ready i move the pair to the vacant cube in the 4 ft tank to spawn again. I have another 4 ft tank below the breeders to tranfer they fry to after first cull to grow out.
This is a minimum amount of tanks and i would like another two 4ft tanks for each pair to growout as i do second & third culls. I will post some pics of the ss fry i still have growing out tonight when i get home.

Regards,

Ben75
04-27-2010, 06:44 PM
Thats great, I love this strain. Best of luck with them.

Thanks very much Matt. I think they will look great in a nice planted display tank one day.
Regards,