PDA

View Full Version : PM ETiQUeETTE <<====

DISCUS USA
04-26-2010, 10:29 AM
Whats up with people sending pm messages and you help them the best you can and you dont even get a thank you,leave all selfish and nasty.Makes me want to not reply to pm s at all anymore.Am i only one that gets these type pm s ? Noo one here gave birth to you no one required to help you here so show your appreciation if someone helping you best they can even with a simple thank you..

Discus-Hans
04-26-2010, 01:18 PM
Whats up with people sending pm messages and you help them the best you can and you dont even get a thank you,leave all selfish and nasty.Makes me want to not reply to pm s at all anymore.Am i only one that gets these type pm s ? Noo one here gave birth to you no one required to help you here so show your appreciation if someone helping you best they can even with a simple thank you..

ha ha ha funny to see/hear you talk about etiquette, but somehow you're right.
You help people and you never get a reply or will know how it ends up,

Hans

Rod
04-26-2010, 06:06 PM
Some do, some don't. I wouldn't take it personally. It's life in general.

Ed13
04-26-2010, 06:31 PM
Now that you mention it Hector, I often do forget to thank those that have personally helped me through PMs. I try but, sometime it escapes me.

You know who you are, so THANK YOU!!

prolude006
04-26-2010, 07:37 PM
I understand what your saying but don't read into it too much, just feel good about trying to help someone you will feel better then either way.

My favorite refrigerator magnet.........Don't worry about the small stuff, because ITS ALL SMALL STUFF!

David

LizStreithorst
04-26-2010, 08:02 PM
Some say thank you, some don't. I guess I've never missed being thanked because I've never expected thanks.

Eddie
04-26-2010, 08:19 PM
Some say thank you, some don't. I guess I've never missed being thanked because I've never expected thanks.

Ditto

brewmaster15
04-26-2010, 09:07 PM
Being Thanked is always nice....makes you feel like your appreciated.. No doubt about that... and many here do appreciate help....and are grateful for it...and openly let you know that.

But... Can't tell you how many times I have spent countless hours helping someone .and never recieved a thankyou.... sometimes its a bummer...
then again...I didn't help them for a thank you...I did it because I wanted to help them.... did not do it for the thanks....

kinda of like my reason for this forum.:)

-al
"I do what I do not to change the world...but so the world doesn't change me." Garth Brooks

Discus-Hans
04-26-2010, 09:55 PM
But... Can't tell you how many times I have spent countless hours helping someone .and never recieved a thankyou.... sometimes its a bummer...
then again...I didn't help them for a thank you...I did it because I wanted to help them.... did not do it for the thanks....

It's not about the THANKS it's about how things end up.

It's the same with a lot of posts people ask help, a lot of people spend their time on giving advice, etc etc and most of the time poeffffffffffffffff no results, no answer, no .....how did it end up? Did it work??

Hans

JaredP
04-26-2010, 10:15 PM
I think hans nailed it on the head. People who give advice like to know how it ends. It builds more of the collective knowledge knowing how things turn up.

Like, I've been harrasing Eddie, once I know how things turn up, I'll report back to him, as well as add it to my diary, to hopefully build on the treatment/assement of Discus.

Eddie
04-26-2010, 10:50 PM
I think hans nailed it on the head. People who give advice like to know how it ends. It builds more of the collective knowledge knowing how things turn up.

Like, I've been harrasing Eddie, once I know how things turn up, I'll report back to him, as well as add it to my diary, to hopefully build on the treatment/assement of Discus.

LOL, you havent been harassing me Jared! Dont feel that way at all, thats why the forum is here and I enjoy helping others. Even if people do not respond with an outcome, I generally follow-up to see how things are going. Most of the time, I take silence as a good thing, means that everything was worked out.

Eddie

DISCUS USA
04-27-2010, 08:42 AM
if i take time to read your pm and take more time to think of a reply at least should get a thank you .. whether i was able to help or not come on a simple thank you,,i didnt have to reply to your pm in first place ,, people take that for granted that no one had to reply to your question in first place ..

DISCUS USA
04-27-2010, 08:45 AM
It's not about the THANKS it's about how things end up.

It's the same with a lot of posts people ask help, a lot of people spend their time on giving advice, etc etc and most of the time poeffffffffffffffff no results, no answer, no .....how did it end up? Did it work??

Hans

maybe they dont reply cause the help you gave didnt work and they are disappointed but still come on say thank you for trying my goodness !! these people are like children think the world revolves around them selfish ..

akumastew
04-27-2010, 10:07 AM
I always say Thank You.

roclement
04-27-2010, 12:01 PM
I honestly think that if you help people while waiting for thanks, you are in the wrong hobby!

You should help people because that's what people did for you so you can get where you are, and as thanks to those people, you should help others. Helping people is your reward, not a "thanks".

I agree with Hans, sometimes it's nice to get a follow-up just to know how things went down.

On a side note, this group has all in all been some of the most respectfull and polite group I have ever been involved with!

Rodrigo

Alok
04-27-2010, 09:50 PM
You should help people because that's what people did for you so you can get where you are, and as thanks to those people, you should help others. Helping people is your reward, not a "thanks".

Rodrigo

+1 Rodrigo, very well said! :)

I think it is nice if one does get a thank you but one should not hold a grudge if s/he doesn't.

blkrob
04-28-2010, 01:07 AM
I'd like to thank everyone who has ever helped me! And Hector I'd like to thank you again for your TDS meter.

Robert:D

brewmaster15
04-28-2010, 08:58 AM
Well I suppose since we are thanking people... I'd like to thank everyone that has never given me a headache here or caused me to spend hours on the phone or email/pm mediating something!!:D:D:D:D:D

-al

DISCUS USA
04-28-2010, 09:36 AM
I'd like to thank everyone who has ever helped me! And Hector I'd like to thank you again for your TDS meter.

Robert:D

ha ha Rob you already thanked me the day you recieved it like a true gentleman :)

Discus-Hans
04-28-2010, 11:47 AM
Well I suppose since we are thanking people... I'd like to thank everyone that has never given me a headache here or caused me to spend hours on the phone or email/pm mediating something!!:D:D:D:D:D

-al

You're WELCOME Al :angel: :D

Hans

MSD
04-28-2010, 12:54 PM

-al

Sorry Al. :(

kitykatfunkiehat
05-04-2010, 05:33 PM
Discus Usa,
I don't mean to be rude, but I can't help but wonder why you continue to pick out all the bad things about this site?

And also, if a "thank you" is of the upmost importance to you in helping others out, not simple gratification of doing something nice, I'm not sure why anyone would want help from you anyways. It is awfully selfish to assume some people don't say it on purpose.