PDA

View Full Version : List of meds to always have on hand?

Double Up
04-28-2010, 12:19 AM
Now that I have a microscope on the way I'm thinking I should also have a supply of meds on hand to combat any pathogens I may encounter. Anyone have suggestions? Adding the Suh books to my collection I feel is also a must.

Eddie
04-28-2010, 12:27 AM
Now that I have a microscope on the way I'm thinking I should also have a supply of meds on hand to combat any pathogens I may encounter. Anyone have suggestions? Adding the Suh books to my collection I feel is also a must.

I wouldn't keep any on hand if I was in the states. I do keep some here in Japan because it would take 7-10 to get anything and if I needed something, it would be an emergency. ;)

Double Up
04-28-2010, 12:29 AM
I wouldn't keep any on hand if I was in the states. I do keep some here in Japan because it would take 7-10 to get anything and if I needed something, it would be an emergency. ;)

What about the hard to gets like Kanamycin, levamosole, piperzine?

Eddie
04-28-2010, 12:36 AM
What about the hard to gets like Kanamycin, levamosole, piperzine?

They are not hard to get, you can order Kanamycin from Jehmco or Dan at Elite and get it in days.

As far as the dewormers, I do actually recommend Angel Plus De-worming flakes. They should only be used for treatment purposes, not a regular feed.

Eddie

Double Up
04-28-2010, 12:56 AM
They are not hard to get, you can order Kanamycin from Jehmco or Dan at Elite and get it in days.

As far as the dewormers, I do actually recommend Angel Plus De-worming flakes. They should only be used for treatment purposes, not a regular feed.

Eddie

Gotcha, just checked out Jehmco for the first time and WOW!. Seems to be a one-stop shop.

Eddie
04-28-2010, 01:35 AM
Gotcha, just checked out Jehmco for the first time and WOW!. Seems to be a one-stop shop.

Yeah, they are an oldy but goody! Another excellent source for meds is 4fishstuff.com. They have SUPER fast shipping and prices can't be beat. They carry ALOT of other good products as well.

Eddie

Double Up
04-28-2010, 01:46 AM
Yeah, they are an oldy but goody! Another excellent source for meds is 4fishstuff.com. They have SUPER fast shipping and prices can't be beat. They carry ALOT of other good products as well.

Eddie

Gonna have to check them out as well ! Thanks Eddie!