PDA

View Full Version : how did this happen?

leicobra
05-01-2010, 03:43 AM
hey guys, I just had a new pair of blue snakes,they are about 5.5'. 14 month old. I think i got lucky with their 1st spawn, pulled may be 20 babies out of it. two day ago they started spawning again, but this time nothing happens, the eggs are all white after 3 days. I know this is only their 3rd spawn, so I didn't thought much.
I am new to breeding these guys, my only question is that, if this is a proven pair at thier 1st spawn, why is thier 2nd and 3rd spawn wasn't succesfull?
my tank water is very soft, 25 ppm, with a ph of 6.4, also tempture is 83F
planted 60 Gallon. the first time they laid their eggs on a leaf. after that I put a spawning cone in the tank with a white dish under.
is this normal? honestly, this is my 1st pair with 1st spawn that had wagglers, i have never experence this before. or maybe they still need some time to learn. my other proven pairs have had 13 spawns before they really do it right. can someone explan it to me???:confused::confused:

mmorris
05-01-2010, 12:47 PM
Did they spawn in a different part of the tank, perhaps near a water current? You may have gotten lucky the first time. If you want to raise fry, I recomment you get the pair their own tank. Good luck!

leicobra
05-02-2010, 06:54 PM
Thanks for the input, I just move the fish to a 30G, with a sponge filter.
They are really happy.