PDA

View Full Version : Maintenance of linear piston pumps

Ed13
05-01-2010, 04:09 PM
I have a Medo LPH-26. Manufacturer recomends to clean the air filter every six months and to replace it every year. I forgot to do the first six months cleaning and at the one year mark I took the air pump down and cleaned the filter. Since it was relatively clean I just padded it down a bit.

How are you really supposed to clean the air filter? Where do you find the replacement? DIY?

William Palumbo
05-01-2010, 05:37 PM
Hi Ed...I have a MEDO 60 that I bought a little while back from Kensfish. I am not sure about the maintenance of it other than the cleaning and replacing the filter. I just got a spare filter from Ken in my last shipment. When I look at the old filter it looks very clean to me...Bill

Ed13
05-30-2010, 08:53 PM
Wow, I sure took a long time to reply to my own thread, can't believe I forgot about it:o

I am not sure about the maintenance of it other than the cleaning and replacing the filter.
Bill, that's the question, how exactly do you clean it? Soapy water?:confused: Last time I checked mine it looked very clean too

There are many with these types of pumps, yet I rarely see this topic discussed when the manufacturer recommends to clean regularly and replace at scheduled intervals:confused:

Dkarc@Aol.com
05-31-2010, 09:54 AM
Wow, I sure took a long time to reply to my own thread, can't believe I forgot about it:o

Bill, that's the question, how exactly do you clean it? Soapy water?:confused: Last time I checked mine it looked very clean too

There are many with these types of pumps, yet I rarely see this topic discussed when the manufacturer recommends to clean regularly and replace at scheduled intervals:confused:

Honestly, I think I have cleaned mine maybe once or twice in the 6-7 years I have owned it. Only time I cleaned it is when I rebuilt the pump itself......it's the only time I pay attention to it, LOL.

-Ryan

Ed13
05-31-2010, 09:59 AM
Honestly, I think I have cleaned mine maybe once or twice in the 6-7 years I have owned it. Only time I cleaned it is when I rebuilt the pump itself......it's the only time I pay attention to it, LOL.

-Ryan
LOL :p

LizStreithorst
05-31-2010, 01:00 PM
I used these pumps in the past. I never even thought about cleaning the air filter until someone mentioned it on this forum. I looked at the filter and it was all but disintegrated. IMO these pumps work forever without maintence.

Ed13
05-31-2010, 01:56 PM
I used these pumps in the past. I never even thought about cleaning the air filter until someone mentioned it on this forum. I looked at the filter and it was all but disintegrated. IMO these pumps work forever without maintence.
Good to know, thanks Liz!