PDA

View Full Version : Introducing Discus into Established Tank

JL15219
05-03-2010, 02:24 PM
What is best way to introduce discus into an established BB tank after they have been quarantined?

Darrell Ward
05-03-2010, 06:21 PM
I've always just made sure all the water parameters were close to the same, and put them in there.

Lisa01
05-03-2010, 06:25 PM
You may want to dim the lights

Lisa

JL15219
05-03-2010, 07:36 PM
So fighting between the new and old ones is normal? Well actually the old ones picking on the new ones....Are they just trying to establish a pecking order? When will it get better?

Darrell Ward
05-03-2010, 07:39 PM
So fighting between the new and old ones is normal? Well actually the old ones picking on the new ones....Are they just trying to establish a pecking order? When will it get better?

They usually work out who the boss is after a few days.

erikc
05-04-2010, 06:23 AM

It is totally normal as Darrel just said. However it will also depend on the number of fish you are keeping. If the new one are the less numerous, it will be more stressfull on them (they also have to cope with the new surroundings).

John_Nicholson
05-04-2010, 08:48 AM

Thats what all animals on this planet do. They will work it out over time.

-john

Saw that you were in Edinburg. Do any business with Amigo Power Equipment?

JL15219
05-04-2010, 12:33 PM
Thats what all animals on this planet do. They will work it out over time.

-john

Saw that you were in Edinburg. Do any business with Amigo Power Equipment?

No I sure dont John I have heard of them but I havent done any business with them....:D....do you know them personally?

JL15219
05-04-2010, 12:35 PM
It is totally normal as Darrel just said. However it will also depend on the number of fish you are keeping. If the new one are the less numerous, it will be more stressfull on them (they also have to cope with the new surroundings).

Yeah there where 2 in there before then I added 3 more.....Darrell suggested that I could use an egg crate divider for 4 to 5 days just to let the new guys settle in a bit.....

John_Nicholson
05-04-2010, 12:54 PM
They have had our computer system for years. I know a few people at the dealership.

No I sure dont John I have heard of them but I havent done any business with them....:D....do you know them personally?