PDA

View Full Version : 2 Red snakskin 4.5", So-Cal, PU only

blkg35
05-07-2010, 07:56 PM
I have 2 Red snakeskin discus for sale. They are about 4.5".
It looks to be a pair since they have been hanging out together for the last week. Only reason I'm selling them is because I have a new shipment coming in. These are super healthy and eating tetra bits, frozen bloodworm, beefheart mix, and freeze dried bloodworms.
They are really nice, come see them in person.
Selling for $60 each or both for $100.
This is for pickup only in Orange County, CA.
PM me if you would like to come see them.
Thanks

http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn234/blkg35/redss.jpg
http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn234/blkg35/redss1.jpg

2gwm
05-12-2010, 09:06 PM
Are the two snakeskins still avail for sale? I already have 4 (two that are about the same size as your snakeskins and two about 3"). I was considering adding new additions so there would be less competition.

Let me know when it is convenient to see your discus, I live in Long Beach, CA and am very flexible with my schedule days weekdays if that works for you.

Email me at 2gwm@tmo.blackberry.net or call at 562.818.2332

Thanks!

Larry

blkg35
05-13-2010, 08:56 PM
This is a confirmed pair. They are dancing and cleaning a plant. Should be laying eggs soon.....:D

Eddie
05-13-2010, 09:21 PM
This is a confirmed pair. They are dancing and cleaning a plant. Should be laying eggs soon.....:D

Confirmed means they have raised fry before.....they've had fry?

blkg35
05-14-2010, 01:35 AM
Confirmed means they have raised fry before.....they've had fry?

Oops....I thought "confirm" means they are together and "proven" meant they have raised frys before. Sorry about the confusion...:confused:
In this case, they are not confirmed pair but they did just lay a bunch of eggs....:D

http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn234/blkg35/redssegg.jpg

rickztahone
05-14-2010, 03:01 AM
it can still be 2 females laying. "confirmed" pairs fetch a higher price

blkg35
05-14-2010, 12:14 PM
it can still be 2 females laying. "confirmed" pairs fetch a higher price

Wow, I didn't realize 2 females would lay eggs together. There's still alot I need to learn about discus. Thank you for the interesting fact.
Rick, this might be a stupid question but: Would 2 females "dance and shake" with each other prior to laying eggs? Or is this something a male/female would only do?
If this question doesn't belong in this thread, please let me know. I will start a new thread in the correct section.
Thanks all for your help.....:D

Chad Hughes
05-14-2010, 04:14 PM
Wow, I didn't realize 2 females would lay eggs together. There's still alot I need to learn about discus. Thank you for the interesting fact.
Rick, this might be a stupid question but: Would 2 females "dance and shake" with each other prior to laying eggs? Or is this something a male/female would only do?
If this question doesn't belong in this thread, please let me know. I will start a new thread in the correct section.
Thanks all for your help.....:D

Yes, two females will act like a pair. You should know soon enough. If they are cleaning a spot to lay watch them. Look at their tubes when they descend. The female has a larger, fatter tube than the male. Obviously no eggs will come from the male tube. :D

blkg35
05-14-2010, 05:14 PM
Thanks Chad. I'll check for wigglers in a few days.
Both discus are still for sale....:D

Chad Hughes
05-15-2010, 12:39 AM
Cool! Good luck with the sale!

Best wishes!

blkg35
05-18-2010, 12:23 AM
This is definitely a male/female pair. Got about 30 wigglers from them....:D
Thank you everyone for answering/helping me out.
Pair is still for sale.

blkg35
05-18-2010, 08:20 PM
Pair is sold.
Thank you everyone for your help.