PDA

View Full Version : How much time?

C3H6O3
05-09-2010, 11:33 AM
I have my first "true" pair.

They are green snakeskins. Have spawned 2X in main tank, but, of course, all of the eggs were eaten. I've moved them to a spawning tank now. They have been in there for 3 days.

They seem to be content. Eating okay. Not showing any interest in spawning -- no shimmying or cleaning up.

How long should I leave them there till I decide that they don't want to spawn in this new house?

Thanks

Hector

mmorris
05-09-2010, 11:51 AM
Depends, I guess. If you have no other immediate use for the tank, months. I suspect you won't have to wait that long, though.

grantbudd74
05-09-2010, 09:16 PM
that is one of many million dollar questions we all want to know, how long, when, where and what time and Oh how many?

A couple of weeks if the parameters are spot on from the other tank. Mine did it in less than a week. Still eat their eggs though!

Fish eh? sometimes smart but geeez they can be daft at times!:)

C3H6O3
05-09-2010, 10:47 PM
Thanks for the input so far . . . They were getting after it for 2 weeks, now: nada!!! ::confused:

Oh well, I'm pretty sure they'll get after it -- sooner or later. Problem is, they had a planted aquarium, now, there's NOTHING!!! I'm hoping they're not addicted to some of the home improvement shows my wife loves on HGTV!

h

Rob321
05-12-2010, 03:32 AM
What other types of fishes were in your main tank when the pair spawned there?

You might be able to get your pair interested in spawning in their new tank if you add one or two dither fish for the pair to defensively unite against.

mmorris
05-12-2010, 10:34 AM
Patience. :) Don't start messing them around.