PDA

View Full Version : Sera Foods

born2lovefish
05-10-2010, 09:52 AM
Anyone on here feed Sera flake or ganules to their discus?

seanyuki
05-10-2010, 10:23 AM
Both Sera red & blue discus granules are good products and have been using them in the past.

born2lovefish
05-10-2010, 12:16 PM
Thanks. What about just the regular discus grans?

hedut
05-10-2010, 03:31 PM
use the red one only my juv like them but my adult fish doesn't bother :)

born2lovefish
05-10-2010, 04:51 PM
Thanks. I am debating about buying a pound of the regular discus granules and then 4 ounces of the red and blue. Drsfostersmith.com has sale right now on Sera.

Rod
05-10-2010, 06:37 PM
Thanks. What about just the regular discus grans?

Yes i have used them in the past, and prefer them over the tetra color bits. But here in Oz, they are twice the price. My discus love them.

Pardal
05-11-2010, 02:23 AM
I feeding Sera granules righ now , with the exception of two 6" ABDt the rest of the gang three 5~6 CL and two APD are enjoying them , specially the two 4" APD they are the smallest of the tank but if they keep eating like that they won't be. IMO is easier two teach smaller fish to eat them but at the end You have to teach them who is the boss.

zuja
05-11-2010, 02:35 AM
Sera is best trade mark for fish food in Europe . My fish love that food .

born2lovefish
05-11-2010, 08:43 AM
Thanks to all who responded. I am going to get discus granules for my discus and order in some of Sera's flake food for my other fish. I have been a Tetra user for years, but may have to switch over to Sera.

born2lovefish
05-11-2010, 08:55 AM
Yes i have used them in the past, and prefer them over the tetra color bits. But here in Oz, they are twice the price. My discus love them.

Thanks for this info. I was thinking about getting tetra color bits to try also only because they are on sale. However, I will stick to Sera.

born2lovefish
05-18-2010, 07:53 AM
I got my order in yesterday. I can not believe how much my F1 blues like this stuff. They use to hide in the back of the tank behind the amazons and now they come to the front of the tank at feeding time!

stanlee
05-18-2010, 12:28 PM
anyone compared this with prime reef flakes, in terms of more more liked by the discus?
thnks

seanyuki
05-20-2010, 01:22 PM
Hi stan.....most people use ON prime reef.....i have tried both products and money wise ON PR is much cheaper than Sera stuffs.....me try different brands....imo every brands has it's own qualities......depends how often you feed (no mixing with other brands)trail periods 4 months same food and wait for the results and what strain strains you are trying to enhance......just my 2 cents:)

anyone compared this with prime reef flakes, in terms of more more liked by the discus?
thnks

stanlee
05-21-2010, 09:46 AM
hi Francis,

thnks for your recommendation, i am already using ON prime reef flakes.
My discus loved them, but got to be careful sometimes, cos one of my albino juvs just died "happy" after stuffing itself with too much of the flakes and couldn't breath.

otherwise, they really go for the flakes and noticed their colours also more brilliant.
I haven't tried Sera though, but i am happy wiith ON for the moment.
cheers.:D