PDA

View Full Version : I see wriggler this morning!!!!

leicobra
05-13-2010, 11:07 AM
hey guys,thanks for the advice the pair that I just moved to a breeding tank had about 15 wriggler this morning. This is only the pair's 5th spawn too.
I am very happy,it's like have a new baby! I am still new to breeding, can you guys give me some input please,once the wriggler hatch from the eggs, what do you do?
Do you leave the light on above the tank 24 hours still?
How much (% )water do you change each day to keep the tank clean?
In my breeding tank, the parents haven't been eaten for 3days, when should I start feeding them?

John_Nicholson
05-13-2010, 12:07 PM
Everyone has their own way of doing things but here is what I do:

I continue normal feeding and water changes.
I leave the lights on.
I would not be disappointed if they eat this spawn. Many times the parents will not raise a little spawn like this.

Good luck.

-john

grantbudd74
05-13-2010, 03:20 PM
congratulation! Who do we send the flowers and chocolates too? I only have one pair that have raised fry so far and they went of their food for a while and were concentrating on raising the fry so don't worry.

Give your fish space and time alone and do not bang around and get in their space oo much. Make your water change gradual and with the least amount of fuss to start with unless they are happy to see your giant hand in the tank. They may get scared and eat the fry.

Reduce the light if you can to a small one. Having a normal tank light on 24]7 will tire the fish out ( my thoughts only here) I use a small LED light just enough to light a small area of the tank. Fish see very well in the dark and do not need loads of light.

Let mum and dad do the rest and enjoy.

John_Nicholson
05-13-2010, 03:25 PM
I have a 4 foot shop light that is about 2 feet over my breeding tanks. I leave it on if any of the pairs have fry or eggs. It has been on now for about 4 months straight. It does not bother the fish at all. In my old fish room I had a light that was on literally for years.

-john

leicobra
05-13-2010, 06:13 PM
hey thanks guys for the input there, I just got out of work now. both parents and the wrigglers are still there, thank God! also this pair looks really nice so far, they know how to put the fallen wrigglers back on the cone.
My only worry is that I hope they won't eat the fry once they become free swimming.
I use 5W light above the tank and they look fine with it. I will be keep on updating you guys with the fish.:) thank you!

leicobra
05-16-2010, 07:09 PM
hi guys, bad news the wrigglers went free swimmig this morning and the male fish eat most of it,now only 2 left with mom in the tank.
also, I am planing to paint to breeding tank white on the back and sides,this morning the wrigglers can't find the parent,after an hours of swimming in the tank.alot of it died exhaustion.
:waaa::waaa:

babers
05-17-2010, 09:58 AM
Patience....
They'll get it right eventually. When they do, you'll earn your reward