PDA

View Full Version : looking for some orange strains

matt2426
05-16-2010, 09:30 PM
hello im interested in adding a orange fish to my collection any ideas for strains that look good i have a fire red hes more orange than red and want to get something similar to him maybe something with a white face just looking for some ideas thanks

joanr
05-16-2010, 10:57 PM
I have a Golden Butterfly. It's very orange with white striations, or is it white with orange striations? Ayhow, as juvies they are just sort of plain orange, but when they start to grow you get this:

http://forum.simplydiscus.com/picture.php?albumid=228&pictureid=1763

It's not a solid orange, but very different looking I think.

DerekFF
05-17-2010, 12:01 AM
Just discus that ive seen in person Kenny has some awesome golden diamonds and also some superb superb shaped flamingos.

Eddie
05-17-2010, 02:22 AM
I also like the Red Pandas that GulfCoast is currently selling.

joanr
05-17-2010, 08:28 PM
Yes I saw those, those are really awsome looking fish. I asked if they will eventually get a full body pattern as some looked only patterned on half the body, still waiting a response. Do you know Eddy? I would really like one of those in my future collection.

Scribbles
05-18-2010, 12:34 AM
IMO most of the Marlboro Reds are more orange than red.

Chris

Eddie
05-18-2010, 10:34 AM
Yes I saw those, those are really awsome looking fish. I asked if they will eventually get a full body pattern as some looked only patterned on half the body, still waiting a response. Do you know Eddy? I would really like one of those in my future collection.

Hello Joan, not sure about those specific ones but generally the Red Pandas from back in the day were not full bodied pattern. Seemed more or less the front half of the body. I really like the large white pearl pattern, so much more appealing IMO. ;)

moneyLaw
05-29-2010, 10:25 AM
You might want to check out Albino Leopard Snakeskin from Kenny. pricey, but really nice orange. You can see the strain here. I am seriously thinking about getting it myself. :D

http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?t=79981

Keith Perkins
05-29-2010, 02:08 PM
IMO most of the Marlboro Reds are more orange than red.

Chris

+1

mustangs
05-29-2010, 03:07 PM
Check out Central Ohio Discus and Mike Beals for the Velvet Rouge. Beautiful fish and come in bright orange with a white/cream face.