PDA

View Full Version : Another FDBW testimonial...

blkrob
05-17-2010, 10:45 AM
Can you believe my heckels are begging at the water surface every time I enter the room. And since I got 200g I feed them every time. I wonder if you can over feed them.

Robert

vera
05-17-2010, 11:00 AM
Even Heckels get addicted to them !!
they still on my wish list ,waiting for responce from Mal

brewmaster15
05-17-2010, 11:13 AM
Rob,
I did my test run with these worms months ago on my heckels when I first tried them ...and my Heckels went bonkers for them....They come right up to the top to take them.... doesn't matter if they are Loose or cubed! But its hilarious when they I feed the cubed..I just toss them in and its like chumming for sharks or piranha! :)

-al

vera
05-17-2010, 11:30 AM
Al , pls check yr mail

YSS
05-19-2010, 04:32 PM
Discus may or may not have emotion, but they definitely seem to have taste buds for FDBW. It took my fish a few days to know how to eat worms stuck on glass and worms floating on top, but they finally figured it out and they really seem to enjoy the worms. They definitely go after the worms with more enthusiasm than any other food I fed them. Thanks, Al.

brewmaster15
05-19-2010, 06:46 PM
Discus may or may not have emotion, but they definitely seem to have taste buds for FDBW. It took my fish a few days to know how to eat worms stuck on glass and worms floating on top, but they finally figured it out and they really seem to enjoy the worms. They definitely go after the worms with more enthusiasm than any other food I fed them. Thanks, Al.

Now Thats what I'm talking about!:) Glad to hear it:)

-al

Terrybo
05-19-2010, 09:29 PM
I'm amazed! I ordered my first batch of FDBW's on Sunday, and they arrived today! The website was easy to use, and shipping was fast and reasonable - I wish every online seller was like Al!

Terry

brewmaster15
05-20-2010, 09:53 AM
I'm amazed! I ordered my first batch of FDBW's on Sunday, and they arrived today! The website was easy to use, and shipping was fast and reasonable - I wish every online seller was like Al!

Terry

Hi Terry! Thanks for the great feedback! I try to ship out orders the same day I get them if Its at all possible.:)

Best regards!
Al

nc0gnet0
05-20-2010, 10:20 AM
I am just curious, on average, how many cubes are people feeding there discus? For instance, in a community tank with 8 adult discus, I typcally feed 4 cubes...........

brewmaster15
05-20-2010, 10:37 AM
I am just curious, on average, how many cubes are people feeding there discus? For instance, in a community tank with 8 adult discus, I typcally feed 4 cubes...........

Do they eat it all?:) If yes, then great...if no..then cut back a bit...I tend to feed about 4-5 cubes at a time to a tank of 15 discus... but I am also feeding these fish several times a day..I believe in frequent smaller feedings these days.

-al

nc0gnet0
05-20-2010, 12:27 PM
Yes, they eat it all. i tend to overfeed a bit in the mornings (no one at home to feed until 4-5 ish) and feed the cubes in some DIY worm cones (smaller version with larger holes). I have watched a few times at night when I fed this amount and it took them about 45 minutes to eat it all. I do have 6 lemon and 6 rummy nose's in the tank as well catching the scraps.

KMB
05-20-2010, 12:29 PM
I recently ordered a couple 10g bags of the cubes to see how my fish would react to them in comparison to the Hikari frozen bloodworms they are used to.

My guys go nuts over them. I take each cube and rip them into small bite size chunks so everyone gets a shot at them. They are gone inside of 10 seconds with just a few worms floating around from the frenzy.

I have 6 fish and feed two cubes one after the other at one feeding. I'm sure they would eat more but I am trying lots of smaller feedings of different foods through out the day for now.

I can only imagine how it would be to feed the live ones of these - that must be something to watch.

Needless to say I'll be ordering a much larger bag shortly.

Thanks Al for making these readily available to us here.

Kevin

GoingDiscus
05-20-2010, 12:38 PM
I started using these not so long ago and my fish rip em up, I dont even get a chance to stick the cube to the glass, as soon as I put my hand in the water they are all over them, now I just toss them in..Its a great food but I still try to vary their diets even I would get tired of pork chops every day and I loves me some pork chops lol

brewmaster15
05-21-2010, 07:48 AM
I recently ordered a couple 10g bags of the cubes to see how my fish would react to them in comparison to the Hikari frozen bloodworms they are used to.

My guys go nuts over them. I take each cube and rip them into small bite size chunks so everyone gets a shot at them. They are gone inside of 10 seconds with just a few worms floating around from the frenzy.

I have 6 fish and feed two cubes one after the other at one feeding. I'm sure they would eat more but I am trying lots of smaller feedings of different foods through out the day for now.

I can only imagine how it would be to feed the live ones of these - that must be something to watch.

Needless to say I'll be ordering a much larger bag shortly.

Thanks Al for making these readily available to us here.

Kevin
Glad to help Kevin! One of the best things for me about them is I am so severely allergic to Hikari Bloodworms (bloodworms in general) that I get raised welts and ichy swollen eyes when I use them....many people are! But Freeze dried Blackworms don't cause that allergic reaction like Bloodworms do!!!....no more allergic reactions:)

I started using these not so long ago and my fish rip em up, I dont even get a chance to stick the cube to the glass, as soon as I put my hand in the water they are all over them, now I just toss them in..Its a great food but I still try to vary their diets even I would get tired of pork chops every day and I loves me some pork chops lol I vary my fishes diet too..I am a firm believer that this our best way to ensure that they are getting all the nutrition they need with our current imperfect understanding of Discus Nutrition.

Thanks again everyone!

-al

YSS
05-21-2010, 07:57 AM
Wow. You guys feed your fish a lot of food. :shocked: :D I feed mine two cubes and I have 12 adult discus. I suppose I can feed more. By the way, how much nutritional value does FDBW have? I vary the diet for my fish as well, but just wondering ...

I feed various flakes and tetra bits in the morning, FDBW in the afternoon, and various frozen food at night.

brewmaster15
05-21-2010, 09:12 AM
By FDBW you mean Freeze dried Blackworms? Right?.

The nutritional profile for these blackworms is ...
Nutritional Facts [ Dry weight] Crude Protein 66.35% Crude
Fat 13.87% Crude Fiber 0.24% Moisture 3%

hth,
al

nc0gnet0
05-21-2010, 09:39 AM
How does that compare with the typical beef heart mix...just curious. I feed my fish some beefheart flake, they eat it, but somewhat reluctantly, as I think they are spoiled on the FDBW.

ExReefer
05-21-2010, 10:18 AM
Glad to help Kevin! One of the best things for me about them is I am so severely allergic to Hikari Bloodworms (bloodworms in general) that I get raised welts and ichy swollen eyes when I use them....many people are! But Freeze dried Blackworms don't cause that allergic reaction like Bloodworms do!!!....no more allergic reactions:)

Me too! Once my eye was so bad that I went to the emergency room. The blackworms have no allergic affect on me. My fish are still going nuts for these. So much so that it causes a lot of aggression at feeding time. Now I have to stick two balls of worms at opposite ends of the tank.

brewmaster15
05-21-2010, 10:37 AM
How does that compare with the typical beef heart mix...just curious. I feed my fish some beefheart flake, they eat it, but somewhat reluctantly, as I think they are spoiled on the FDBW.

The problem and Benefit of Feeding a homemade mix is that no two mixes are alike... You really can't compare the nutrition....a BH made with just BH is going to have a different profile than one where someone adds prawn,seafood,vitamens etc.

Not trying to dodge the question, but I can't really answer it. What I can tell you is I personally feed both here...I like to hedge my bets nutritionally.... and I do believe that the protein and fat Content of these Blackworms is beneficial to grow discus and condition breeders...I personally believe the same of my home made BH/seafood mix.

-al

YSS
05-21-2010, 11:23 AM
Thanks for the response, Al. At least my question was because I wanted to know whether or not the FDBW are nutritious. For example, I've read that brine shrimp have virtually no nutritional value so it's not worth feeding your fish (I don't know how reliable that info is). But sounds like FDBW are very nutirtious. :-)

Terrybo
05-25-2010, 07:48 PM
It took my discus about 5 days before the "Pirahna effect" hit all of them. At first, they really didn't know exactly what the strange cube was, but now they rip it off the glass in a matter of seconds and take turns grabbing and shaking the clump of worms. I think FDBW should be renamed DC (discus crack).

Terry

saltydog
05-25-2010, 08:40 PM
So glad I found Simply for many reasons but FDBW's are one of them ;) I put the cubes on a suction cup algae clip since I have overflows but they go crazy over them. So glad i got some, this is the one thing that helped me to get them away from their all FBW diet now they start their morning off with these. Now they have even added other things to their diet!!
Oh and when I got the container out of the FDBW to feed the fish today I turn around and my daschund was munching away, it was all i could do to get the 6 cubes she had in her little mouth out, so she loved them too :D

jimg
05-26-2010, 04:41 PM
Got mine today. They attacked it like I attack weissbier! even the wilds didn't hesitate. Thanks Al

YSS
05-26-2010, 05:19 PM
Got mine today. They attacked it like I attack weissbier! even the wilds didn't hesitate. Thanks Al

My wilds like the FDBWs a lot more than the domestics. For some reason, most of my domestics don't care much for them, but my wilds go wild over them.

brewmaster15
05-27-2010, 11:24 AM
Terrybo Re: Another FDBW testimonial...
It took my discus about 5 days before the "Pirahna effect" hit all of them. At first, they really didn't know exactly what the strange cube was, but now they rip it off the glass in a matter of seconds and take turns grabbing and shaking the clump of worms. I think FDBW should be renamed DC (discus crack).

Terry

FD Dc..Freeze dried Discus Crack...LOL...Love it ! Thanks for the feedback Terry!
take care@!!

saltydog Re: Another FDBW testimonial...
So glad I found Simply for many reasons but FDBW's are one of them ;) I put the cubes on a suction cup algae clip since I have overflows but they go crazy over them. So glad i got some, this is the one thing that helped me to get them away from their all FBW diet now they start their morning off with these. Now they have even added other things to their diet!!
Oh and when I got the container out of the FDBW to feed the fish today I turn around and my daschund was munching away, it was all i could do to get the 6 cubes she had in her little mouth out, so she loved them too :D

Cammie,
Thats great news, and I am sure they'll help fatten them up nice... on the Daschund.. yes becareful there..I'm amazed by how many people have had their dogs go ape over these!:)

Take care!!

Hey Jim,
Glad to hear it! :) and Thanks for the order! Hope all is well with you!

-al

dinodiscus
06-14-2010, 03:05 AM
Hi Al

The FDBW I ordered from you got my ten juvies "survivors" back on track. They're still scared of me but whenever I drop the cube, they easily forgets my presence..:confused:
Now I have some of them come to me whenever I go near their tank.
I am doing easy on the FDBW though becuase they might follow me around even at work..:D:D:D
Thanks again for the quick shipment.

Dino

brewmaster15
06-14-2010, 07:50 AM
Hi Al

The FDBW I ordered from you got my ten juvies "survivors" back on track. They're still scared of me but whenever I drop the cube, they easily forgets my presence..:confused:
Now I have some of them come to me whenever I go near their tank.
I am doing easy on the FDBW though becuase they might follow me around even at work..:D:D:D
Thanks again for the quick shipment.

Dino

You are very welcome Dino!:) Glad they are eating again for you!!

Best regards!
-al