PDA

View Full Version : Scared, stressed

birdog
05-22-2010, 02:18 AM
Am a little freaked out, one of my juvie solid turks just went pale, I thought they went dark when stressed but this guy is very pale at the moment,it's been about 5 min.
Everyone else seems to be fine.

David

prabuddhasarkar
05-22-2010, 02:41 AM
Hi

Dont worry, I think it'll be ok soon. There are some strains, which become pale when stressed. Like pegeon blood, melons etc. Which strain is it? I always face the problem when at night I suddenly due to some reason switch my lights on in a dark room. they tend to get pale. But after sometimes they become ok. Just leave them quitely and dont make big movements in front of them. But if it stays for a longer peroid (may be for 5-6 hr. or more), then you have to rethink about any sickness, symptoms.
bye.

prabuddhasarkar
05-22-2010, 02:42 AM
Can u post a picture of that?

birdog
05-22-2010, 02:51 AM
I can't post a picture because I turned the lights off and like you said, am leaving them alone for now.

Btw, it's a flachen, solid green turk.

Thanks
David

prabuddhasarkar
05-22-2010, 02:52 AM
Hi,
Oh I have missed the strain. Yeah sometimes turqs get pale upon stress. Try to post a picture. But keep eye carefully on that.

birdog
05-22-2010, 03:02 AM
Thank you, I've had these juvies for one month today and I believe during the first few days in my tank they were as pale as this one got, at the time I just thought it was normal lack of pigmentation due to their age (3 months at the time), but come to think of it, back then it could've been stress also.

David

prabuddhasarkar
05-22-2010, 03:25 AM
What are their size? At 3 months of age they should not give you colours. As you are raising juvies, your water parameters should be very good. pH, temp., bright light should not be used, better to use bare bottom etc. Feed them well. Give them a good water change. They will grow. I do every day 25% water change. And I have raised them well. Dont make big movements in front of them They tend to get scared.