PDA

View Full Version : Water Additive Question

Foxfire
05-22-2010, 12:27 PM
Quick question - I have some Kent Discus Essential (down to about 12 fl oz)and was wondering if this is worth replacing? Not really sure if this works or is just more junk in the water to be lost in a water change.

Spardas
05-22-2010, 02:34 PM
Junk in the water. :D

Foxfire
05-22-2010, 06:43 PM
Thank you! It will not be added nor purchased. :bandana:

Eddie
05-22-2010, 10:14 PM
I wouldn't say it junk, might be a waste if you are performing daily heavy water changes. There are other more economical ways of adding essential minerals/elements.

Eddie

dark_spell
05-22-2010, 10:24 PM
Like what Eddie?
I used to add Marc Weiss' Instant Amazon during acclimation and they seem to be less stressed..but that's just IMO.

Spardas
05-22-2010, 10:38 PM
If you do 80% + water changes daily, it'll be too costly to use these additives. If this is the case, you can add vitamins to the food being fed to your fishes. Best way is when you prepare your BH or SF mix and add the vitamin into it.

Eddie
05-22-2010, 10:42 PM
Like what Eddie?
I used to add Marc Weiss' Instant Amazon during acclimation and they seem to be less stressed..but that's just IMO.

Its the same, if you don't perform large water changes then it might be beneficial. Depends on you water make-up. If your water is high in hardness, you don't need to add anything.

If you do 80% + water changes daily, it'll be too costly to use these additives. If this is the case, you can add vitamins to the food being fed to your fishes. Best way is when you prepare your BH or SF mix and add the vitamin into it.

This is true, fish can get all these minerals and elements via food.