PDA

View Full Version : feeding blackworms

mathao
05-22-2010, 07:04 PM
is it ok to just feed the discus blackworms and flakes only, 'cause the bh at the lfs is moslty water, and they don't eat bloodworms, gonna try some shrimp if i could find some at lfs, so that they have more than 1 kind of food.

Darrell Ward
05-22-2010, 07:16 PM
Yes, but I wouldn't do it long term. Discus can easily get addicted to blackworms (especially live ones) and refuse to eat anything else.

dark_spell
05-22-2010, 10:29 PM
yeah I made the same mistake of feeding those all the time because they liked i so much (it was cool watching them eat). then after awhile, they won't touch the flakes!!!!:angry:

mathao
05-23-2010, 12:40 AM
mine are still eating flakes, so... i guess i should stop feeding them blackworms and save it for only once in a while, thanks.

Darrell Ward
05-23-2010, 10:38 AM
You need some variation to the diet. You could feed them blackworms as the last meal of the day for example. If you can't get beef heart, maybe you could feed an extra lean burger mix, redworms, etc. Lots of things you can feed besides just flake food. I don't like to feed too much dry, with all the fillers in it, there is always a chance of bloat. Besides, you never really know for sure whats in that stuff, only what some company claim is in it.