PDA

View Full Version : Courting the wrong one? F shaking at another F?

pinoysport
05-31-2010, 05:40 PM
So I have three in a tank. Here is what I thought I had..

one male. already had .

two females. new additions.

so whats happening now is after a few weeks you can see the separation. the two new ones who i thought were F are on one side of the tank. the M that I thought I had is on the other side.

now.. one of the new ones (who are paired in a corner) is shaking doing the shimmy dance like mad and chases away the other one I had to protect the female i thought.

but after I review further the one shaking like mad look like a female.(breeding tubes / fins / shape/ color) .. but why chase off the male? was i wrong and its a female? so I have two females and one male?

wow confusing!!!!

so i guess my question is I heard of two females who think they are a pair..

does a Male or a Female shake and court the same sex???

or was I just wrong and the ones I thought were female really a m/f pair?

pinoysport
06-04-2010, 12:00 PM
for those keeping score or for anyone who has this issue in the future I guess females dont shake at each other....... i had a spawn last night. only about 100-150 or so eggs still young pair.

i have 2 solid white eggs and the rest are clear so im assuming those are fertilized?

these eggs are a different color then what i have noticed so far with my pairs. I have seen yellowish . orange ... brown..

I haven’t seen clear before..lol.. i guess they will be see through fry. lol

or they are non fertilized eggs. not really sure since im thinking they would all be solid white...

anyhow 24 hours in and mom and dad are fanning eggs and chasing the other male away when he tries to swim by... will know by tomorrow if i have wrigglers or if they eat the eggs.