PDA

View Full Version : discus not eating

andyb
06-08-2010, 12:54 PM
Discus not eating keeping himself to himself and noticed long white slimy poop. Still full of colour (6inch wild green) after 3 days not eating treated with Esha Hexamita , 2 days after treatment still the same.
Tank Juwel 450 built in internal filter, ammonia 0, nitrite 0 nitrate 5, ph 7, tds 270, gravel cleaned every 2nd water change and planted aquarium. Change 150 litres every 5 days.
Feed frozen discus life (garlic plus) and tetra prima most days, discus flakes 2-3 times a week, frozen brine shrimp, bloodworm and beef heart once a week.
Can any one help dont want to loose him, thanks Andy.

Eddie
06-09-2010, 02:26 PM
Andy, sorry to hear about the troubles. Are you treating the fish in the 450 liter? I'd move him to a smaller hospital tank and treat in there, more effective. Im not too familiar with ESHA Hex but I believe its metro or dimetro. How much is in each dose?

Eddie

andyb
06-09-2010, 02:52 PM
Andy, sorry to hear about the troubles. Are you treating the fish in the 450 liter? I'd move him to a smaller hospital tank and treat in there, more effective. Im not too familiar with ESHA Hex but I believe its metro or dimetro. How much is in each dose?

Eddie
Eddie dose was 5.5ml first day, half that second and third day in the 450 litre tank which has another 8 discus between 4-6 inch in size. Changed 150 litres after treatment, just noticed yesterday 3 other doing same poop but they are eating and looking good, 2 are a pair and have just laid eggs on the glass. Forgot to mention i use 80% RO, 20% tap, use Kent marine RO right.
Thanks Andy.