PDA

View Full Version : Flashing

Sivasama
06-08-2010, 07:33 PM
Is flashing always a sign of a problem? Can fish just have an irritation from time to time. I don't have constant flashing just now and then.

Darrell Ward
06-08-2010, 07:55 PM
Sure, a fish can flash now and then without having a problem. More than likely though, the fish would have a mild case of flukes. If treated early, they are pretty easy to get rid of. If it escalates to the point of the fish breathing out of one gill, eradication can be more difficult, and even lead to other problems.

Aquaben19
06-09-2010, 11:36 AM
When you do see them flashing is it after a water change? If you do not age your water appropriately they can be irritated by the bubbles in the new water. Which also could lead to problems.

But going along with Darrel, it could be the start of a problem with flukes, so keep an eye on them. Watch them closely. Always better to be safe than sorry.

Eddie
06-09-2010, 02:18 PM
Flashing can be a number of different issues. Do you age your water or use straight tap for water changes? Have you tested for ammonia or nitrites? Rule out water and then look into possible external bugs.

Eddie

Sivasama
06-10-2010, 07:38 PM
When you do see them flashing is it after a water change? If you do not age your water appropriately they can be irritated by the bubbles in the new water. Which also could lead to problems.

But going along with Darrel, it could be the start of a problem with flukes, so keep an eye on them. Watch them closely. Always better to be safe than sorry.

I always have little air bubbles...is that a bad thing? I do every other day water changes. I never really noticed this until you made me look. I just did a water change so I'll have to see if they are gone tomorrow. I am going to start conditioning my tap before use again starting this weekend. I use mostly ro water in my tank 10 to 1 mix. Maybe it is just all the tiny bubbles that bother them....