PDA

View Full Version : Which of these are good discus?

ctzeh
06-08-2010, 08:28 PM
Hi all, I just bought these discus a while back. Am new to the hobby and need some opinion as to the quality of the fishes. Thanks for any comments.

hedut
06-08-2010, 08:50 PM
they all look ok and not stun but I like last two:D:D, how big are they? 3" or less? if less no need to worry to much cause they will change as they grow;). good luck

Jhhnn
06-08-2010, 09:11 PM
Like hedut says- they look good, and are promising. Feed 'em a lot, change a lot of water (a lot!) for best results growing them out....

Double Up
06-08-2010, 09:31 PM
Let'em grow out alittle more and re-post new pics! so far, so good though!!!

ctzeh
06-09-2010, 02:47 AM
Thanks guys for the wonderful comments. The last 2 fishes are about 2.5 inches. One is red rose and the other is a spotted leopard. I feed them tetrabits but seems that it is turning my golden into orange. Any suggestions to solve this problem?

kaceyo
06-09-2010, 02:56 PM
Thanks guys for the wonderful comments. The last 2 fishes are about 2.5 inches. One is red rose and the other is a spotted leopard. I feed them tetrabits but seems that it is turning my golden into orange. Any suggestions to solve this problem?

Quit feeding TetraBits!!!
Almost any OTC foods you feed will turn it orange eventually The T Bits is just doing it faster. People who are serious about keeping yellows yellow and goldens gold feed a specialized diet that doesn't contain any beta carotien or color enhancing additives.

Eddie
06-09-2010, 03:01 PM
I'm a stickler when it comes to opinions on fish, as I myself own fish that I do not like. LOL

To me, the first fish looks okay and I wouldn't take the rest. The others have poor shapes IMO. I can't get a good look at the Rose Red or brown based fish so I would need a better picture for a more accurate opinion.

Great color and pattern on that spotted fish though.

Take care,

Eddie

Jhhnn
06-10-2010, 09:02 AM
I'm a stickler when it comes to opinions on fish, as I myself own fish that I do not like. LOL

To me, the first fish looks okay and I wouldn't take the rest. The others have poor shapes IMO. I can't get a good look at the Rose Red or brown based fish so I would need a better picture for a more accurate opinion.

Great color and pattern on that spotted fish though.

Take care,

Eddie

Yeh- I have that same problem with some fish I bought from somebody who wasn't Kenny... I doubt I'll ever be happy with 'em.

The fish pictured don't seem to have any terribly negative attributes. They're not obvious culls, or stunted, or skinny. They're well raised, at this point. With proper care and some luck, they can be grown out into big, beautiful adults. That makes 'em good, in my book...

mmorris
06-10-2010, 09:10 AM
I think the first three look good, and will probably make lovely adults. I suspect they will lose most of that pointyness as they get older. I'm not impressed with the shape of the fourth; there's quite a 'ski jump' off the forehead. Otherwise, though, you have some lovely fish. :)

DiscusKeeper403
06-11-2010, 03:21 AM
I think they all have potential to get big but IMHO all of their shapes seem a bit off :o As other suggested, like them grow out a little more and see what there like in a few months.