PDA

View Full Version : Tips for attachment.

honeymonster
06-14-2010, 11:01 AM
Hi, i have a very clean pair of Checker pigeons and are great parents but i am struggling getting the fry to attach.
My 2ft tank is a very light blue colour.I have tried lowering the water to the height of the parents, taken out the filter and breeding cone and still can't get the young to attach.I normally leave an air line in the tank which bubbles very lightly but apart from this its just any empty tank.
Has anybody anymore tips i could try.
Thanks Al

kaceyo
06-14-2010, 04:20 PM
You can try turning the air off completely as it can sometimes confuse the fry. Also lower the water to the point that the parents have to tip sideways a bit. That way any fry at the surface can't help but to run into them. Make sure the parents aren't fighting and scareing the fry away. If they are, remove one. Try turning the lights out, or...?
Other tahn that, just be patient.

honeymonster
06-16-2010, 11:36 AM
Thanks Kacey

JEB
06-18-2010, 11:27 AM
You can try leaving the cone in and putting a small beam light under the tank to illuminate the parents if the parents are still in the same area guarding the cone. Keep all other lights off. It has worked for me when the parents are fixated on the cone or still tending to the fry that are not yet free swimming