PDA

View Full Version : And the Winner of the Challenger Contest is...

brewmaster15
06-16-2010, 11:11 AM
......And the winner of Second Annual Discus Hobbyist Challenge (http://www.forum.simplydiscus.com/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
is.....(drum roll please taptaptaptaptaptaptaptap:))..............

I'm not telling yet!:D:D:D:D:D

Seriously, The scores have been tallied up and I do have a winner for the award...But I will say this...It was a really hard contest to judge...all the contestants were winners in my book...and anyone that wants to send me back their fish..I'd be honored to have any of them here! So be proud contestants for a job well done ( and no...the fish are still yours!))

So... Before I can post the grand prize winner...I want to run the Peoples choice award...which I will set up as a poll shortly.

What I need from everyone here at Simplydiscus to do is to go back thru the contestants threads and posts over the last year.. click here (http://www.forum.simplydiscus.com/forumdisplay.php?f=167) . Take into account everything, frequency of updates, movies, information, pics...the total package and then vote for who in your opinion has done the best job of communicating what they have done this past year and the results.

I will let this People's choice voting go on for 24 hours...the the poll will close and after that I will announce the Grand champion as well as the People's choice Award winner.

Thanks Everyone!! and good luck Challengers!

-al

vera
06-16-2010, 11:30 AM
WHATT!!!
its so unfair Al !!
im dieing with anticipation , give us a winner!LOL

brewmaster15
06-16-2010, 11:31 AM
People choice poll is posted...hit the polls everyone!:)

poll is here..
http://www.forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?t=80555

-al

Chad Hughes
06-16-2010, 11:39 AM
Al, you devil! That was a good one. LOL!

I just wanted to say good luck to every contestant! It's been a great run!

Best wishes!

zamboniMan
06-16-2010, 10:00 PM
... That was harsh :-p

2075turner
06-16-2010, 10:12 PM
ha ha Al,

You know that there will be a pay back one of these days:D

brewmaster15
06-17-2010, 11:47 AM
Hi Everyone!

Well our voting has closed and We ,the people of SimplyDiscus.com have chosen the winnerof The Peoples Choice Award.... I'd like to once again Congratulate Chad Hughes as our winner there.

Congratulations Chad!!!
The People's Choice Awards Chosen Recipient!:)

Now the moment you have all been waiting for...Who will take home the coveted Second Annual Hobbyist Challenger Contest Grand Champion title????

The pressure is mounting here in cyberland....Its been a tough contest,with much hard workby all...... Brew is handed an envelop and silence fills his fish room, broken only by the frantic clicking of his lap top keys.... finally he finishes and hits the " submit reply"...The crowds go wild!!!!

okay enough drama....

And the Grand Champion for this year's Hobbyist Challenger Contest Goes to Acroken "Kenny Hill"!

Congratulations Kenny! A job well done with your fish this past year!

I know most of us feel that all these contestants were winners and I feel the same way as all of you.This contest was an amazing one to watch and our panel of 8 Judges had a challenge themselves in this...Judging a group of fish that was so similar!

We came up with a modified score card as follows..This was posted in the university's non-public section along with the photos.

1. Eyes ( color, size and eye to body ratio) For eye color...think degree of red as these are albino)
2. Overall Body Shape ( transitions from lip to dorsal fins,roundness, general impressions)
3. Body size (basic measurements look carefully at the 5th image in each Contestants submission)
4. Finnage ( how well developed are the fins)
5. Head shape ( beaky appearance, gill plate deformities etc)
6. Thickness (one image in each submission shows this)
7. Pattern (If fish is patterned... how well is it pattern...if solid...how solid...These fish are a cross, so neither is better than the other....but rate this category based on the degree of pattern or solid.
8.Presentation...We should consider evaluating the overall presentation and image in some way...since we can't see the fish in person...but in a show...presentation of the fish and its behavior do matter. For this Category rate based on How the fish was photographed in the images...consider it a more aesthetic and subjective category.

Maximum points is 8...If there is a tie...I (brew) will decide the winner otherwise I will not be judging unless I see fit to. Before you judge..be sure to look at all the fish first, and pay attention to the size shown in Image 5.

Heres a template for the score card... just copy cut and paste into your Pm to me.. you can add comments as well.. I really am counting on everyone giving this priority and I would like to announce the winner ASAP.

Please PM me your score cards...do not post them! I want to keep the judges ratings anonymous as well. I will be posting the score for each category publically..but not the identity of the judge.

Thanks so much everyone!

Score card Entry A...( each hobbyist was assigned a letter from A-F)
1.eyes....................................... ____________
2.Overall Body shape ................................... _____________
3.Body Size................................... _____________
4.Finnage ..................... _____________
5.Head shape ................................._____________
6.Thickness .................................._____________
7.Pattern or solid ............................_____________
8.presentation................................____ _________

Total ______________

max 8 points...
Additional Comments:
Each hobbyist submitted 5 pictures of one fish they felt was their best and these were anonymously judged by a panel of 8 judges.

Now I know theres always an expert in the audience that thinks they know a better way to do it and hind sight is always 20-20 but I ask that you save your criticisms for a private discussion with me....Do not take away from this contest with criticisms...we all have done the best we could do to be fair and the judging results stands as follows out of a possible score of 8 points...

Kenny Hill.......... 6.36
Chad Huges . 5.99
Evelyn Turner.... 5.59
Steve Robello ......5.59
Bill taylor.... 5.31
Jim Hudak............ 4.79

All the conestants did a great job here and I am really proud of everyone. I asked in the beginning for frequent updates and you all did a great job there...Thank you everyone for helping to make this a special event.Barb Newell would have been proud of each and everyone of you!

-al

Chad Hughes
06-17-2010, 11:49 AM
WOW!

CONGRATULATIONS KENNY!

This award is well deserved my friend! I am very proud of you!

WELL DONE!

2075turner
06-17-2010, 11:52 AM
Congradulations Kenny!!

Well deserved!!!!

Disgirl
06-17-2010, 11:56 AM
Congratulations Kenny!:balloon::balloon::balloon: Well deserved!
And congrats to Chad for receiving the people's choice:balloon::balloon::balloon:

To Chad and Evelyn who came in 2nd and 3rd, your fish are great also!! All the contestants fish were so wonderful, glad I wasn't a judge. All that hard work really shows in your fish! Happy spawning and lots of fry from the beautiful fish!
Barb:)

Alok
06-17-2010, 11:56 AM
Congrats Kenny!

Boy, you all did a great job and have made me feel so pumped that I can hardly wait for the 3rd challenger contest to begin! :)

jball1125
06-17-2010, 12:00 PM
Congrats Kenny! And to the rest if the contestants for doing an amazing job.

Can't wait to see the judged pics.

brewmaster15
06-17-2010, 12:02 PM
Congrats Kenny!

Boy, you all did a great job and have made me feel so pumped that I can hardly wait for the 3rd challenger contest to begin! :) Easy does it Alok!!!!...:bandana: Give me a little time to recover.;) and savor the light feeling of this ones weight off my back!:D

-al

acroken
06-17-2010, 12:06 PM
I am pumped. Thank you to everyone involved. This is the best thing that has ever happened to me in this hobby. I have to thank Al, Kenny and Forrest for allowing my this opportunity to raise up these beautiful discus. To the judges for seeing through what i feel were my worst photos of this challenge. I really had a hard time at the end photographing these guys in their new tank. I was not expecting to win with those photos. I know the discus i selected was the winner but i did not display him well at all. I am way to excited at the moment to be typing. I will be back in a few.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D Kenny

wgtaylor
06-17-2010, 12:12 PM
Awesome job Kenny.
I don't think there were questions in anyone's mind what a truly nice group of discus you raised this year.
You definitely have a knack for raising discus and would be very successful if you raised them commercially.
Very well done you deserve first place without a doubt.
Congratulations and best wishes,:):):):):)
Bill

target
06-17-2010, 12:15 PM
Congrats to the winners. Awesome looking fish all around. Definitely a tough job judging.

acroken
06-17-2010, 12:39 PM
WOW!

CONGRATULATIONS KENNY!

This award is well deserved my friend! I am very proud of you!

WELL DONE!Thank you Chad. What a great experience this is:D

Congradulations Kenny!!

Well deserved!!!!Evelyn, thank you very much!

Congrats Kenny!

Boy, you all did a great job and have made me feel so pumped that I can hardly wait for the 3rd challenger contest to begin! :)
I would get in the next challenge if at all possible. it is an incredible experience

Congrats Kenny! And to the rest if the contestants for doing an amazing job.

Can't wait to see the judged pics. I am waiting to see them also:)

acroken
06-17-2010, 12:43 PM
Awesome job Kenny.
I don't think there were questions in anyone's mind what a truly nice group of discus you raised this year.
You definitely have a knack for raising discus and would be very successful if you raised them commercially.
Very well done you deserve first place without a doubt.
Congratulations and best wishes,:):):):):)
Bill

Bill, i really appreciate your comments here. I truly value your experience and enjoyed our exchanges through out the year. You made this challenge for me. Thanks my friend

Larry208
06-17-2010, 12:45 PM
Congratulations Kenney

You did a fantastic job on raising your fish.

:bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce:

Larry

BOBT00LS
06-17-2010, 12:46 PM
Congrats Kenny ! You did a great job and are a well deserved winner. Now get those challenge fish breeding !

Bob

Larry208
06-17-2010, 12:47 PM
Congratulations Chad

For winning the Peoples Choice Award.
Nice job also on your fish.

:bounce2::bounce2::bounce2::bounce2:

Larry

acroken
06-17-2010, 12:48 PM
Congratulations Kenney

You did a fantastic job on raising your fish.Thank you Larry. it is something i will always remember.

:bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce:

Larry

Congrats Kenny ! You did a great job and are a well deserved winner. Now get those challenge fish breeding !

Bob
LOL, i know if they were in your tanks they would be:) Thanks my friend

DiscusOnly
06-17-2010, 12:49 PM
Congratulations Chad and Kenny!

Kenny: Didn't you promise me some frys from the challenger fish? j/k.

Van

acroken
06-17-2010, 12:53 PM

Van
Van, that was only if you voted for me;);) Kidding. You know you have your pickings with them. That is after i select the batch for the next challenge(if all goes as planned) Thank you Van

Cevoe
06-17-2010, 12:55 PM
Kenny,
Way to go in winning this great contest.
It's always more than just alright with me when a fellow Philadelphian does well.
I really enjoyed the contest and all the particpants.
Truly a super competition and truly a great win.
Chris V.

DiscusKev
06-17-2010, 12:59 PM
Good win Kenny! You deserved it, now its time for breeding them :)

Have fun, and wish you all the best

acroken
06-17-2010, 12:59 PM
Kenny,
Way to go in winning this great contest.
It's always more than just alright with me when a fellow Philadelphian does well.
I really enjoyed the contest and all the particpants.
Truly a super competition and truly a great win.
Chris V.

who says our philly water is one for the worst in the country:D Thanks Chris.

mlov1022
06-17-2010, 01:19 PM
Congrats Kenny, well deserved.

fishyj
06-17-2010, 01:23 PM
Congrats Kenny!!!! Your fish were truly the best of them all. Hats off to you, Jim

Aquaben19
06-17-2010, 01:29 PM
Congrats Kenny, I nicer guy could not have won. You deserve it!

Also Chad, good job with the peoples choice, well deserved also.

And.... if you have seen these fish and paid attention to the contest, every single contestant was a winner.

acroken
06-17-2010, 01:37 PM

And.... if you have seen these fish and paid attention to the contest, every single contestant was a winner.

Thank you Ben. This was a great group to be competing against. Everyone of the contestants knew how to raise discus well.

Chad Hughes
06-17-2010, 01:46 PM
Congratulations Chad

For winning the Peoples Choice Award.
Nice job also on your fish.

:bounce2::bounce2::bounce2::bounce2:

Larry

Thank you Larry!

Van

Thank you Van!

Thanks Ben!

Much appreciated everyone!

Best wishes!

David Rose
06-17-2010, 01:48 PM
:sun::sun::sun::sun::sun:CONGRATULATIONS KENNY!:sun::sun::sun::sun::sun:

brewmaster15
06-17-2010, 03:10 PM
HI all,
One thing I really wanted to try and do was award prizes to the contest's hobbyist and I hope to continue on that trend if I do another contest. Now with the help of a few very generous Hobbyists and sponsors we have done just that...My thanks for those that helped out here...

We have awarded $300 to the Grand Champion Kenny Hill, and $100 will go to the Peoples Choice winner Chad Hughes.:) Funds here were contributed by several Hobbyists and SimplyDiscus.

Additionally...

April of AprilsAquarium.com has generously donated a Discus care pack that will go to the People choice winner Chad Hughes>this pack is chock full of things.

We also have a selection of various prizes that I will randomly give out (names from a hat) to the rest of the challengers. These include

**1/2 pound Beefheart flake from Simply Sponsor..Bill at Inland Empire Discus

**Filters from okinawa "Eddie"

**Freeze dried Blackworms From Simply Sponsor Aquaticsuppliers.com

**AquaGenie Filter system from Marc Weiss at www.aquagenie-us.com

**Discus care pack from Simply Sponsor Dave Rose of IGO PRO
(Levamisole, 1 liter safe, 25% Discount certificate to IGO PRO

**Fifty Dollar gift certificate (on dry goods or livestock)or Free shipping on Live stock order by
Simply Sponsor Dan Espinosa at Eliteaquaria.com

**Three Biological filter sponge assemblies and a Wayne Ng Discus book
by Simply Sponsor Dan Espinosa at Eliteaquaria.com

**Custom swirled pattern Hand made large breeding cone by Simply
Sponser Barb Odgers of Delightful Designs Discus Cones

I'm waiting to hear back from a few others so this will probably grow....but I just want to really recognize the generosity of this forum....Thanks everyone!!!

-al

Chad Hughes
06-17-2010, 03:15 PM
Al,

Another "WOW" form me! What a fantastic spread of generous gifts! Fantastic!!

Thank you to everyone that contributed! It's folks like you that make these things spectacular!

Best wishes!

ashaysathe
06-17-2010, 03:27 PM
Congratulations Kenny and Chad.. Job Well Done.. this is truely awesome.

Chad Hughes
06-17-2010, 03:28 PM
Thank you Ashay!

Best wishes!

acroken
06-17-2010, 03:32 PM
Very nice to see all these gifts being donated. This just keeps getting better and better. Thank you all, everyone here is a class act. I will try my best to give back to this forum in anyway possible. You all rock!

Kenny

acroken
06-17-2010, 03:38 PM
Congratulations Kenny and Chad.. Job Well Done.. this is truely awesome.

Just trying my best to one day be mentioned in your book:D Thanks Ashay

2075turner
06-17-2010, 03:57 PM
Very Cool,:bandana::D

Thanks Guys/Gals:)

Tofe
06-17-2010, 04:09 PM
Congratulations Kenny ;)

Job well done, can't wait to see fry on the backs of one of those prs :D

Brian

dan1
06-17-2010, 04:36 PM
Congratulations Kenny and Chad !
You guys did a great job

brewmaster15
06-17-2010, 04:46 PM
Chad,
Heres a picture of the Discus Care pack April put together for you....:) Thanks again April!! Very generous prize!

I'm sure Chad can use this!

-al

Chad Hughes
06-17-2010, 05:09 PM
You guys did a great job

Thanks Dan! Much appreciated!

Chad,
Heres a picture of the Discus Care pack April put together for you....:) Thanks again April!! Very generous prize!

I'm sure Chad can use this!

-al

Al,

Thanks for the pic!

April,

Thank you for the generous gift package! It will all go to excellent use!

Best wishes!

joanr
06-17-2010, 05:13 PM
Kenny and Chad, congratulations to you both, it was terrific viewing all the updates this past year from all of the contestants, awsome job all. But, I think it was the Philly water that did the trick Kenny!

Chad Hughes
06-17-2010, 05:14 PM
Kenny and Chad, congratulations to you both, it was terrific viewing all the updates this past year from all of the contestants, awsome job all. But, I think it was the Philly water that did the trick Kenny!

Thank you Joan!

Now, how do I get some of the Philly water? :D

Best wishes!

Rod
06-17-2010, 05:18 PM
Congratulations Kenny, well done. :)

Justice
06-17-2010, 06:16 PM
Congratulations Kenny!

Ardan
06-17-2010, 06:28 PM
Congratulations to Kenny!:):):)
Congratulations to Chad for the peoples choice award.:):):)
Congratulations to all the participants, those that were judged had some awesome discus!! I was amazed. It was very educational.:):):)

Thank you to all the sponsors! Your generosity is what makes Simply what it is. Thank you all for the contest discus and all the prizes.:):):)

And thanks to Al for putting in all the hard work to pull it off.:):):)

A big applause to all of you!

Ardan

wreck
06-17-2010, 06:53 PM
congrats kenyy!!! and also congrats to all the people involved. nicely done. this contest is such a neat idea, i enjoyed reading all the updates. everyone involved should be proud!!!!!!!!!

Ed13
06-17-2010, 07:32 PM
Congrats Kenny!

ShinShin
06-17-2010, 08:08 PM
Congratulations to the winner of the contest, as well as the People's Coice Award.

Mat

zacrachhsv
06-17-2010, 08:10 PM
Congratulations to Kenny and Chad, Extremely well deserved!!!!

Also, thanks to everyone involved in this great contest, i loved
following along and have learnt heaps in the process!

CONGRATULATIONS
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Scribbles
06-17-2010, 09:29 PM
Congratulations Kenny and Chad!

Chris

Chad Hughes
06-17-2010, 09:45 PM
Congratulations to the winner of the contest, as well as the People's Coice Award.

Mat

Congratulations to Kenny and Chad, Extremely well deserved!!!!

Also, thanks to everyone involved in this great contest, i loved
following along and have learnt heaps in the process!

CONGRATULATIONS
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Chris

Mat, Zac, Chris....

Thanks so much! I really appreciate all of your participation throughout the contest! It means a lot!

Best wishes!

fishyj
06-17-2010, 10:03 PM
Chad and Kenny, You both did a fantastic job with these fish and I myself have learned a great deal from the both of you. Now lets see who gets fry first!!!:)

kitykatfunkiehat
06-17-2010, 10:18 PM
Kenny,
Congratulations! What a title to win here on the forum. You did an amazing job and you should be extremely proud of yourself and your gorgeous fish! Hopefully they live long, healthy lives with you!

Chad,
Congratulations to you as well! I loved your updates and how you chose a different route in rearing these fish than the other contestants. You are well known for raising your fish in planted tanks, against all odds, and I feel this is why you definitely deserved this title. Hopefully we see more pictures out of you and those planted tanks!!

The rest of the contestants,
Every one of you guys is a winner as well. Your fish were just as beautiful and I'm sure you worked your asses off raising these fish! I hope you're all extremely proud of yourselves for what you've accomplished. Enjoy your prizes too! They sound fun!!

Chad Hughes
06-17-2010, 10:50 PM
Chad and Kenny, You both did a fantastic job with these fish and I myself have learned a great deal from the both of you. Now lets see who gets fry first!!!:)

Thanks Jim! I have to say, you did an incredible job yourself. Well done my friend and enjoy those gorgeous fish!

I have all kinds of breeding activity going on at the moment. I've got my fingers crossed!

[QUOTE=kitykatfunkiehat;655587]
Chad,
Congratulations to you as well! I loved your updates and how you chose a different route in rearing these fish than the other contestants. You are well known for raising your fish in planted tanks, against all odds, and I feel this is why you definitely deserved this title. Hopefully we see more pictures out of you and those planted tanks!!
QUOTE]

Thank you Jenna! I really appreciate your recognition and kind words. I'll certainly keep the forum up to date with pictures. You have my word on that.

Have a great weekend!

April
06-17-2010, 11:11 PM
congrats to all the contestants!!! you all did an extremely good job..it was very hard trying to judge. id take anyone of those fish that were raised.
your very welcome chad and congrats. i included a tube of metronidazole..but may you never need it!!!
im me your address and ill get it mailed out . its already in a box ready to go.
thanks to all the others who donated prizes. thats what makes simply such a great forum.

Chad Hughes
06-17-2010, 11:15 PM
congrats to all the contestants!!! you all did an extremely good job..it was very hard trying to judge. id take anyone of those fish that were raised.
your very welcome chad and congrats. i included a tube of metronidazole..but may you never need it!!!
im me your address and ill get it mailed out . its already in a box ready to go.
thanks to all the others who donated prizes. thats what makes simply such a great forum.

Thank you April!

I'll shoot you a PM now!

You're the best!

Larry Bugg
06-18-2010, 12:23 AM
Congrats Kenny, a job WELL DONE.

two utes
06-18-2010, 02:16 AM
Well done Kenny!
Congratulations !!!
Thanks to every one who participated. you're all winners in my eyes

j_li8
06-18-2010, 03:07 AM
Congratulations to Kenny for winning the challenge and Chad for winning the People's Choice Award. Thanks to all the participants for doing a great job keeping us updated throughout the challenge.

acroken
06-18-2010, 07:38 AM
Congratulations Kenny ;)

Job well done, can't wait to see fry on the backs of one of those prs :D

BrianEither can i Brian:D They are working it out now. I had them separated for a week but decided to put them back in the 75 for a little longer. I plan to separate them in the next week.

You guys did a great jobThanks Dan. I could not be any happier:)

Kenny and Chad, congratulations to you both, it was terrific viewing all the updates this past year from all of the contestants, awsome job all. But, I think it was the Philly water that did the trick Kenny!thanks Joan, my water does take some preparation but once dialed in it seems to be pretty good. my water comes from 3 different sources and switches frequently so i have to keep a close watch on it as all three are totally different. Luckily i was able to talk my water company into notifying me of the switches:D

acroken
06-18-2010, 09:44 AM
Congratulations Kenny, well done. :)

Congratulations Kenny!

Congratulations to Kenny!:):):)
Congratulations to Chad for the peoples choice award.:):):)
Congratulations to all the participants, those that were judged had some awesome discus!! I was amazed. It was very educational.:):):)

Thank you to all the sponsors! Your generosity is what makes Simply what it is. Thank you all for the contest discus and all the prizes.:):):)

And thanks to Al for putting in all the hard work to pull it off.:):):)

A big applause to all of you!

Ardan

congrats kenyy!!! and also congrats to all the people involved. nicely done. this contest is such a neat idea, i enjoyed reading all the updates. everyone involved should be proud!!!!!!!!!

Congrats Kenny!

Mat

Chris

Thank you all. it is a huge honor to win this challenge.
Kenny

tdiscusman
06-18-2010, 11:06 AM
Congratulation Chad for winning the People choice award.

Congratulation Kenny for winning the contest. You have done an awesome job and I'm glad the judges agreed with me :D

Tony

Holly moley, awesome discus. In my book, you have already won the contest,

Tony Nguyen

P.S. Sorry to hear about your health issue, hope you'll have a full and speedy recovery.

acroken
06-18-2010, 11:09 AM
Congratulation Chad for winning the People choice award.

Congratulation Kenny for winning the contest. You have done an awesome job and I'm glad the judges agreed with me :D

Tony
Thanks Tony. you called this way back. you have a good eye my friend

Kenny

TankWatcher
06-18-2010, 11:27 AM
Congratulations Kenny & Chad !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cmich
06-18-2010, 12:29 PM
Congrats Kenny and Chad. Thanks for everything you put into this contest. It was fun following you guys on your journey.

Take care,

Blake

dbfzurowski
06-18-2010, 01:09 PM
Congrats Kenny and Chad, awesome job you guys!

tcmemphisbbq
06-20-2010, 08:39 PM
Congrats to the winners!! :-) Some dang good looking fish for sure.

calihawker
06-29-2010, 08:03 PM
Man I totally missed this.:confused::confused:

Congratulations Kenny! Great job to everyone and again A very huge thanks for letting be a part of this contest.:D

shawnhu
06-29-2010, 10:16 PM
You and I both... but better late than never; Kenny, very well deserved!

I know from speaking with you in person couple times that you were determined and had a plan, and I'm glad it payed off. Everyone worked hard, and everyone really is a winner with these beauties.

Congrats again!

Eddie
06-30-2010, 08:19 AM
Man I totally missed this.:confused::confused:

Congratulations Kenny! Great job to everyone and again A very huge thanks for letting be a part of this contest.:D

Me too! I was wondering who won for weeks now. I completely missed it. HUGE congrats to Kenny, well deserved and too all the contestants. You are all winners!

All the best,

Eddie

calihawker
06-30-2010, 11:13 AM
Me too! I was wondering who won for weeks now. I completely missed it. HUGE congrats to Kenny, well deserved and too all the contestants. You are all winners!

All the best,

Eddie

Yeah, it was getting to the point where I was going to pm Al to see what the deal was and I missed it the whole time.:p I don't feel so bad now that I know you missed it as well Eddie!

Awesome contest!
Go Kenny!!!
Go Chad!!!

fishorama
06-30-2010, 02:04 PM
:o I thought I had posted my congrats to both Kenny & Chad already, I guess not. All the contestants did a great job with great fish, it was hard to vote for just 1.

Kenny's Discus
07-02-2010, 10:06 PM
I honestly don't know how I would miss this thread!(mad at myself:mad:)

CONGRATULATIONS to Kenny, Chad and the rest of the contestants, all of you are winners in my book and I want to thank you all for providing these fish the best care possible during this past year. They could only turn out the way they did because of your great effort!:)

And a special thanks to Al in organizing this event, I think it has been an enjoyable learning experience for all.:)

All the best,
Kenny

2075turner
09-17-2010, 11:46 PM
Just wondering

Which fish / photos did you guys enter?

2075turner
09-18-2010, 12:02 AM
Here are mine...

Jennie
09-18-2010, 12:05 AM
beautiful peach color!:)

nc0gnet0
09-18-2010, 01:07 AM
I was thinking the other day, even though the contest is over, I would love to see how they are doing and any further developement/growth.

wgtaylor
09-27-2010, 08:10 PM
The contest is over but not gone around our house. I kept a few of my contest discus but put them out to pasture for a while until I get the time to spawn them. I will for sure raise them artificially when the time comes. For now they are very happy in a fully planted tank and laying eggs in pic 2 and 3. The sharks (algae eaters) in pic 4 do a great job keeping the tank clean and free of spare eggs laying around. Just wanted to let you all know they are still being well cared for and are happy.:)

ps: sorry for the poor pictures ! :(
Bill

Skip
10-10-2010, 04:39 PM
YES!! i finally found out who won.. i have been looking and looking thru the threads!! i can sleep at night now.. LOL

Jennie
10-10-2010, 05:49 PM
do I see eggs all over the glass there Bill?
The contest is over but not gone around our house. I kept a few of my contest discus but put them out to pasture for a while until I get the time to spawn them. I will for sure raise them artificially when the time comes. For now they are very happy in a fully planted tank and laying eggs in pic 2 and 3. The sharks (algae eaters) in pic 4 do a great job keeping the tank clean and free of spare eggs laying around. Just wanted to let you all know they are still being well cared for and are happy.:)

ps: sorry for the poor pictures ! :(
Bill