PDA

View Full Version : Should I worry

2075turner
06-20-2010, 12:27 AM
I have a turk that doesn't seem to really do anything as of the last couple of weeks. He doesn't attack food like the others, doesn't swim with the group and more or less just keeps to himself in the back end of the tank. No signs of worms or anything really wrong with him. No color change just not active like the others in the tank. There has been no change in the water parimeters and routine they are in. I have a couple of fish in that tank that have spawned (well expensive diners once the eggs have been laid) could this be a cause? Just wondering if I should worry. I have thought about raising the temp a bit. currently the tank sits at 29. Any thoughts?

ashaysathe
06-20-2010, 10:57 AM
I can correlate. I have had a fish in the past was exactly like this. Did not do anything. Sparingly ate, no signs of disease, no issues with the fish. Finally, I gave it away.

Disgirl
06-20-2010, 11:28 AM
Me too! I have a beautiful pigeon who hasn't eaten in over a month. It still looks great, nice and thick, swims well, stays alone mostly and no signs of a single parasite, bacteria or anything I could treat. What to do???
Barb:confused:

flyman767
06-20-2010, 12:43 PM
I have a blue turq doing the same thing. However, he was breathing a little hard and I did a PP dip yesterday(had a fluke breakout a few months ago). However, after the PP he went back to being his anti-social self. Seems like Discus Depression!:(

flyman767
06-20-2010, 12:50 PM
Actually, this does raise a good question? Does anyone know who's raised discus for a long time..is it possible for a perfect healthy discus to break away and be anti-social for life? Or is this always a sign of some sickness?
...Ray