PDA

View Full Version : Orange eggs

kmfernhout@yahoo.com
06-22-2010, 01:22 PM
I have 2 discus fish in a tank they have lying eggs four the forth time, the first 2 times they eat all but the 3d en 4th time they dont. If some one could help me al the eggs are brown the first day and then some of them begin to get orange . As time pass more and more getting orange some get white. I just whant to now mabe i got 2 females. Can someone help me what are the problem? thanx

deepflyball
06-22-2010, 01:31 PM
Well for sure the white ones are bad. I have had discus lay deep orange to almost red eggs and both produced wigglers. Just wait 48 hrs and you will know for sure if you have a pair.
Jerry

kmfernhout@yahoo.com
06-22-2010, 02:10 PM
Thanks Jerry but is it normal for eggs to be brown on the 1st 12-18 hours and then some of them begin to get a white yello orange coller

kaceyo
06-22-2010, 02:17 PM
IME, eggs will turn darker over time, not lighten up. Do they look more opaque when they turn orange? If so, they are not fertilized.

NunoDinis
06-24-2010, 07:56 AM
+1,

Mines start with a black dot and then get darker as they mature and finally hatch.

Tito
06-24-2010, 08:30 AM
I have Discus that lay orange eggs and whitish eggs. Both turn to wigglers. I suspect that our domsticated Discus are products of various strains and we see their true nature in the eggs.

Has anyone done a study on this? Meaning wild Discus - what do blues lay? Heckels? greens? and Browns? What color are their eggs?